Talk

Advanced search

To wonder : what the hell is it all about?

(11 Posts)
Odaat Wed 02-Apr-14 20:28:46

What am I doing? Where am I going? I dh really the one? Am I ever going to have a career? Will I ever feel like a proper grown up? A real VIP?
I love my dd, I love my dh... But sometimes I feel so restless... So unfulfilled :/
AIBU? Ungrateful?

JimmyCorkhill Wed 02-Apr-14 20:33:51

It's normal. Always striving for more. Trying to be the best you can be. Just remember to stop and count your blessings every now and again.

Maybe it's time for you to do something new. Is there anything you'd like to learn?

Odaat Wed 02-Apr-14 21:02:19

Thanks Jimmy smile

I would like to re educate myself altogether! I have a masters degree, but stumbled my way through it. I feel like I was far more able at 16 than now :/

SilkStalkings Wed 02-Apr-14 21:50:37

Totally normal. In fact a lot of women would have another baby to put off thinking these thoughts again another few years.
You do sound like you're second guessing decisions you've made though. Do you feel you had unconditional love growing up?

KittensoftPuppydog Wed 02-Apr-14 21:59:04

In a few years you'll forget about all of this and just think about what you're having for dinner.
It's all about nothing. Just enjoy yourself when you can.

Janethegirl Wed 02-Apr-14 22:14:44

I'm getting quite old now, but I've never felt like a grown-up ever.....

Odaat Thu 03-Apr-14 07:32:42

Thank God for that then. smile I shall look forward to not having a care in the world whilst eating my grub :D

I definately had unconditional love growing up. I still feel rather inedequate to my parents though.

It is interesting what pp said about a baby ... I am planing my second !?

Odaat Thu 03-Apr-14 07:34:22

I just want to add, being a mother has definately made me the happiest i have been in a lot of respects. However, it has also reignited that drive within me to do something with my life, be an example to my dd...

SilkStalkings Thu 03-Apr-14 08:00:55

Women get pg for far lesser reasonsgrin

Odaat Thu 03-Apr-14 09:54:56

This is true silk !

RedFocus Thu 03-Apr-14 15:30:13

I feel like you do op. I don't want and can't have anymore children and I'm a carer for my youngest so a new career is out if the question. I guess I'll just sit tight and hope it passes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now