Talk

Advanced search

Friggin next door again

(7 Posts)
b584 Wed 02-Apr-14 20:22:17

I have moaned on here before about them putting their bins out on my side of the fence when I have been unable to put my bins on my drive due to having visitors but that seems to have stopped mainly to me getting out there first,

My grief now is that they park their second car across that space when they have room for 2 cars on their drive, I've let it ride mostly as do not want a fall out. but it's flipping annoying as it means that when we a family of myself and 2 adult kids (who have many friends that drive) can only fit one car on my drive and there is nowhere else to park as whereas before they moved here we could fit another car across the bottom of my drive, now we cant unless we block the other neighbours drive. I normally can have 2 cars parked, one on the drive and one across the bottom, neighbours in question have room for 2 on their drive and one across the bottom so 3 parking spaces,

I live in a cul de sac and parking is a problem as we have a block of 12 flats right opposite and a parking area for them for 6 cars so the road is allways chock a block,

I can understand a bit more when their 2 cars are on their drive and they have a visitor, although it would be nice if the visitor just parked across their whole drive but they keep doing it when it is only the 2 cars,

Just because I do not own a car myself does not mean that I and my kids do not need my drive and the space at the bottom of it,

I need to calm down as this keeps pissing me off but the more I let it go the more they will think this is ok.

Aibu or should I just knock and tell them that it's not on?

chesterberry Wed 02-Apr-14 20:48:39

YANBU but I think you do need to knock and politely ask them not to park on your drive and to leave you room for 2 cars. They may not be aware you need the spaces if you don't drive and hopefully if you ask will change the way they park.

WestieMamma Wed 02-Apr-14 20:52:51

I don't understand your explanation. Are they parking across your drive blocking you in?

feathermucker Wed 02-Apr-14 21:33:18

Another one who doesn't understand the parking description?!

It's giving you way too much rage tbh, can't you just come to a compromise or knock on the door?

hiddenhome Wed 02-Apr-14 22:25:38

You can't insist that they park on their drive though. We've had this with the people opposite and I have to park my car three streets away because they park on the road and won't leave any room for anybody else.

People will do what they want in my experience.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Wed 02-Apr-14 22:33:12

Scratch their cars... or shit on their bonnets... grin ok, so probably not really, although I am a cow and so would! but thinking about doing it might help you release some of the rage a bit

Oldraver Wed 02-Apr-14 22:51:21

You have got to let go of the parking across your drive, unless you ahve a car on there. Yes it is annoying and bad manners but doubt you will change them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now