Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that MNers will be able to answer my burning question about Martha Costello's pens in Silk?

(10 Posts)
Salmotrutta Tue 01-Apr-14 23:33:29

Why does she always hold two pens - a red one and a black one - at the same time?

Surely trying to twiddle them around to write with one or other whilst holding both would be very annoying?

I get that she might need a red pen to highlight important notes but why not just buy a multi-coloured Bic pen?

Salmotrutta Tue 01-Apr-14 23:53:39

No-one can help solve this burning mystery?

shock

LackaDAISYcal Tue 01-Apr-14 23:55:18

I hadn't actually noticed!

But maybe they are posh barrister type pens and a bic multi just wouldn't cut it?

Salmotrutta Wed 02-Apr-14 00:00:25

Thank you for answering! grin

But Martha isn't a posh-Barrister-pen type barrister surely?

mind you I have only just discovered this series

LackaDAISYcal Wed 02-Apr-14 00:10:33

no, but as a northerner struggling to fit in with the london elite, she will do what she can to give the allusion of fitting in <nods>

I bet her shirts aren't from Primarni!

First two series were much better.

SuffolkNWhat Wed 02-Apr-14 00:12:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mim78 Wed 02-Apr-14 00:14:49

So that we know she is using two colours to write with I guess.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 02-Apr-14 00:16:48

suffolk, she will be using "just off camera make-up assistant" lippy. Always stays put for hours wink

Salmotrutta Wed 02-Apr-14 00:35:30

Mim - I dare say its a device to let us know she writes in two colours ... But, but why do we even really need to know that?

Why doesn't she wield a fluorescent green highlighter pen? Hmm?

LackaDAISYcal Wed 02-Apr-14 00:48:33

to show that being a barrister is a constantly evolving thing and that the assumptions she made when writing her trial notes are wrong/need amending based on the answers given on the day?

Maybe she uses red for defence and black for prosecution comments or vice versa <channels inner lawer type with latin phrases>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now