Talk

Advanced search

to think that night feeds are easier in the "summer" months?

(9 Posts)
mattsmadmum Tue 01-Apr-14 11:58:54

my dcs all born in the winter, with my last right at the start of autumn and it was a cold snowy winter that year. Am i right in thinking it would be much easier to do night feeds in the summer months? would love a dc born in summer, but alas i wont have any more babies

MrsMcEnroe Tue 01-Apr-14 12:00:47

I have one DC born in the summer and one in the autumn and I would agree that the night feeds were slightly more bearable in the summer but only because I wasn't freezing cold while feeding at 3am.... Night feeds just suck whatever time of year they happen, IMO!

Seeline Tue 01-Apr-14 12:01:58

I had one at the end of November and one at the end of July. It was easier to get up at night when temperatures were above zero. However, the lighter mornings made it harder to go back to sleep if the feed was after about 4am. I certainly preferred the sun and daylight with the summer born. I don't think I saw daylight for about 6 months with the winter born (that could have been partly due to him being my first though grin )

redskyatnight Tue 01-Apr-14 12:02:36

I have one summer and one winter - and I think winter was easier - you can have plenty of layers to keep warm and snuggly. On the other hand hot sweaty baby on hot sweaty you is not nice.

mrsjay Tue 01-Apr-14 12:05:02

i had a spring baby and a winter baby getting up in the middle of the night in february is torture it was freezing

StrawberryGashes Tue 01-Apr-14 12:12:19

I've had one in summer and one in winter, night feeds were a pain regardless of the time of year.

FryOneFatManic Tue 01-Apr-14 12:58:29

I had one winter baby and one summer baby, and it was a pain both times, regardless of time of year.

ikeaismylocal Tue 01-Apr-14 13:53:34

I thought night feeds with my December born ds were quite cosy, we co-sleep so no getting out of bed.

Early mornings with a toddler are much harder in the winter in my opinion, ds went through a stage of waking at 5, we live in a Nordic country and it got light 4 hours after ds woke up, thoroughly depressing. Ds wakes at 6 now but at least it's light enough to go to the park.

Lucylouby Tue 01-Apr-14 14:00:07

I've had babies in spring, summer and autumn, but No night feeds are any fun. It is a job that has to be done. The best thing I did was to start co sleeping. It doesn't matter what the temperature is if you don't have to leave the comfort of your bed to deal with an awake and hungry baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now