Talk

Advanced search

To want to employ a window cleaner simply because he is GORGEOUS...

(31 Posts)
cardamomginger Tue 01-Apr-14 10:42:18

Gabriel has just knocked on my door. He cleans windows for other houses in the road and is looking for business. He is GORGEOUS.....

If I do, I have to remember to change out of my ratty old PJs first though!

KittensoftPuppydog Tue 01-Apr-14 10:51:06

Sounds like a good idea to me.

cardamomginger Tue 01-Apr-14 10:52:20

Looks a bit like David Gandy. Hint of a foreign accent.

Yummy.

zookeeper Tue 01-Apr-14 10:53:10

sounds bargainous to me....however much he charges. A whole new meaning to ''Room with a view' grin

thebody Tue 01-Apr-14 10:54:34

of course not.

I employed a gardening team who looked like a diet coke advert. they were far more expensive than old Tom and his brother but a girl has to have some fun.

sandyballs Tue 01-Apr-14 10:55:58

Go for it, lovely name too, I'm just visualising him.

I'm still think back to the summer of 2011 when I had a couple of hunky builders in their cut off jeans, bare chested, working on the house for a few months ..... I work from home and found it incredibly distracting grin

HesterShaw Tue 01-Apr-14 10:59:27

Send him round here, would you? <wistful>

cardamomginger Tue 01-Apr-14 11:02:20

Tell you what ladies - I'll try him out first and get back to you, OK? I'll see if I can arrange an MN discount grin.

wowfudge Tue 01-Apr-14 22:36:57

Are you sure it will be Gabriel actually squeegeeing your windows? I mean, it would be really disappointing if he turns out to be the gaffer and you only see him when he calls to collect the dosh.

HesterShaw Tue 01-Apr-14 22:40:58

Even the NAME Gabriel is hawt. I'm imagining someone like this squeedgeeing me <leer>

Yes?

AntoinetteCosway Tue 01-Apr-14 22:46:36

When I was on the look out for a gardener (sadly for a one off job) it is not a coincidence that the man I hired was oh. so. fit.

He was also a great gardener. I wish I could afford for him to come back.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Tue 01-Apr-14 22:48:54

oh I used to have a lovely window cleaner - he was really chatty and sweet

he was also a milkman ;)

WilsonFrickett Tue 01-Apr-14 22:50:17

My window cleaner is very cute. Unfortunately one day my DF was round and I exclaimed 'ooh goody, cute window cleaner is here'. Three days later DH was talking to a neighbour at the same point of the garden and I realised my windows aren't soundproofed. blush

Geordiegirl79 Tue 01-Apr-14 22:51:12

Ha ha ha wowfudge the is a genius marketing ploy. Send Gabriel round to lure in the ladies then it's Old Tom and his brother who actually turn up with the buckets. Gutted.

EverythingsDozy Tue 01-Apr-14 22:51:54

Definitely go for it! I've never heard of a bad window cleaner so him being gorgeous (I'm just taking your word for it!) is just a perk! grin

thebody Tue 01-Apr-14 22:53:26

grin GeordieGirl that's just mean.

cardamomginger Tue 01-Apr-14 23:21:23

Wowfudge - that is a good point. Could I sue under Trading Standards if he doesn't do it himself (and with his shirt off, cos it'll be summer soon and far too hot to wear even the tightest of t-shirts)?

I asked DH, in an off-hand fashion, whether we might want a window cleaner (only just moved into this house from a flat, so we're still getting the hang of what we may or may not need) and what he thought about giving this bloke a try. He said yes grin.

I think that's a green light!

rabbitlady Tue 01-Apr-14 23:24:52

window cleaner, years ago. he liked me. sweet and shy and we never got it on. story of my (non) fucking life.

wowfudge Wed 02-Apr-14 06:42:54

Not sure about getting Trading Standards involved. I mean once every couple of weeks to collect the money could be better than nothing, no?

I'm not a shirt off kind of girl myself - there's something about a vest top or t shirt on a muscular guy. Hmm. Our window cleaner is pretty easy on the eye, but a bit thick. Kind of cancels out the good looks.

With a house, having a window cleaner is de rigeur. Get him hired!

wideon Wed 02-Apr-14 06:55:44

Go for it
I once employed a cleaner simply because she had big tits . . .

murphys Wed 02-Apr-14 06:59:23

Gabriel. Gorgeous. Without a shirt.

Mmnnnn. How am I meant to do some work today.......

neverthebride Wed 02-Apr-14 07:24:09

Absolutely. I used to work in a hospital which had a breathtakingly beautiful maintenance man.

You'd be (not) surprised by how many things needed fixing when he was on shift...

cardamomginger Wed 02-Apr-14 09:16:48

wowfudge - he was wearing a white vest top when he knocked on my door. Complemented his tanned, muscular arms very nicely smile.

MrsSeanBean1 Wed 02-Apr-14 09:23:43

We have a team of drop dead gorgeous farriers at our livery yard. Think Sean Bean in his heyday. We sit and sip coffee whilst watching a row of tight buttocks in even tighter jeans bent over in front of us. The highlight of last year was when one got kicked in the bouton by a particularly naughty pony and had to strip off both his jeans and his Calvin kleins to get his injury attended to. We were all shock

MrsSeanBean1 Wed 02-Apr-14 09:24:28

Bottom not bouton

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now