Talk

Advanced search

to want to drop kick my friend

(44 Posts)
Fancydrawers Tue 01-Apr-14 09:10:19

For never sorting out her DD's whinging, or stopping her doing whatever it is that she wants - which makes her a fright and such hard work to spend time with. She is indulged for everything and is turning into more of a brat with each day that passes - it's terribly unfair.

Yes I am probably U but her child is a horrid brat and it is ALL HER FAULT

candycoatedwaterdrops Tue 01-Apr-14 09:12:02

You sound like a great friend.

MamaMumra Tue 01-Apr-14 09:12:03

Charming

Fancydrawers Tue 01-Apr-14 09:18:23

Well. It doesn't make for fun coffee meets, I must say.

littlemisssarcastic Tue 01-Apr-14 09:28:31

How old is her DD?

sarahquilt Tue 01-Apr-14 10:16:47

She's making a rod for her own back for later.

SaucyJack Tue 01-Apr-14 10:42:44

Please do share this magic cure you have for whingy little girls.

usuallyright Tue 01-Apr-14 10:58:08

Fancydrawers do you have a pfb who behaves like shiny mini robot at all times?

OwlCapone Tue 01-Apr-14 11:03:01

I'm waiting for the thread titled "AIBU for wanting to drop kick my friend for being a bitch?"

Fancydrawers Tue 01-Apr-14 11:06:03

I do apologise for thinking that children should learn how to behave, how silly of me.

OwlCapone Tue 01-Apr-14 11:07:03

That's not what you said at all.

KeepCalmAndLOLKittens Tue 01-Apr-14 11:07:32

She's making a rod for her own back for later.

Bingo!

How old is her DD? Do you have kids?

chattychattyboomba Tue 01-Apr-14 11:09:20

Well you haven't really mentioned any examples that make her such a 'brat'. So far all I can see is that you are quite intolerant. how old is the child? what makes her behaviour so unacceptable? and do you have any children?

KeepCalmAndLOLKittens Tue 01-Apr-14 11:09:25

AIBU to want to punch whiny, judgypants posters in the face? Yes I am, and so are you for your thread title as much as anything.

Fancydrawers Tue 01-Apr-14 11:11:31

Well it is what I said in fact, I said that she never sorts her child out - ie disciplines, tells her off, suggests other ways to do things. Just ignores the behaviour and it ends up being me shepherding the child when we are out, it's most wearing. Yes I do have children, I have 4. I understand that of course they can all be whingy/badly behaved but this is just becoming ridiculous because she is never questioned, and it makes me not want to spend time with them.

Fancydrawers Tue 01-Apr-14 11:14:50

Examples?

From yesterday - running around a shop pulling clothing from the hangers. Shouting and screaming at a stranger because they wouldn't share their cake with her. Running amok in the street in front of people in mobility scooters/wheelchairs which is really quite dangerous. Not being chided for any of these things. It's not the little girl's fault of course, but it is incredibly frustrating.

Shenanagins Tue 01-Apr-14 11:14:51

I would stop spending time with her in public places as she isn't going to change and yes i can understand your frustration.

chattychattyboomba Tue 01-Apr-14 11:20:20

Lol... Sorry the mental image of that child did make me laugh. I can see why you are frustrated actually. She sounds delightful!
I wouldn't drop kick your friend. I might want to so... I guess YANBU to want to! grin

HesterShaw Tue 01-Apr-14 11:23:28

Do you know what drop kicking actually is? It would be hard to do to a grown adult <reserves judgement on whingy child>

Fancydrawers Tue 01-Apr-14 11:25:41

Well I'm not literally going to drop kick her - that would be difficult. But yes I would like to for being an arse when it comes to her pfb.

wonderingsoul Tue 01-Apr-14 11:28:38

ynbu... i had a friend liek this.. a very close friend.. i just t ook to telling their child off myself if they didnt step in.. only because she wa s avery close friend, she has got alot better and actually comes to sometimes when shes having trouble with said child.

i wouldnt drop kick her but i would stop hanging out with her whilst kid is there, esp if you h ave yours with you.

Rupertandfifi Tue 01-Apr-14 11:34:54

If anyone saw me out with my youngest child they would think I am a bad parent. She can be a horror. However she can also be an angel.
My friends know how difficult she can be and have supported me through some very difficult times.
They have comforted me when I've been sobbing in desperation. My friends understand. You don't sound supportive at all.
Perhaps take of your judgy hat and help her.

OldBagWantsNewBag Tue 01-Apr-14 11:44:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OldBagWantsNewBag Tue 01-Apr-14 11:50:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now