Talk

Advanced search

Feeling crap 6 months after birth !

(12 Posts)
Lozzy123 Tue 01-Apr-14 00:12:30

Hey I had a baby 6 months ago and honestly feel shitty about myself. Tired all the time, figure is not what it used to be and can't find the right clothes. Any of you in a similar situation?

Cookiepants Tue 01-Apr-14 00:17:36

Exactly hmm. In the same weight as before I got pg (obese) but a completely different shape. It's like my whole body has let go. All my clothes are too small and falling to bits but I can't face shopping for more.

My DS has recently decided that sleep is for other people so I'm walking round zombie style. I went to three shops for kitchen roll today - still don't have any wink.

I hope this is a passing phase.

Bodicea Tue 01-Apr-14 02:39:33

I am out of kitchen roll too!!!!

Currently sat up with a 5 month old who appears to have forgotten how to sleep after weeks of painstaking training.

Went shopping yesterday as I was tired of living in tatty old breastfeeding tops and jumpers I had borrowed off my mum. And still stone and a half bigger than I was before I got pregnant so not getting into pre pregnancy clothes anytime soon. Ended up buying tops from clothes shops I would never have considered pre pregnancy as their tops cover my mummy tum a bit better . Feel like mourning my old figure. Even if I lose the weight will never be the same :-( will always have a mum body!

But my little boy is so worth it,

KatyN Tue 01-Apr-14 08:33:50

I think 6 months is a really hard age. you are getting SLIGHTLY more sleep and the baby is SLIGHTLY more fun and the crazy hormones that got you through the first few months are gone.

It is a passing phase. I promise!!!

k

Cheepypeepy Tue 01-Apr-14 10:07:25

i just went through all my old clothes and threw away the tummy skimming ones i´ll never wear again due to saggy broken tummy

now i need floaty tops, was a bit of a relief to accept it

IceBeing Tue 01-Apr-14 10:13:42

Ahhh - don't give up yet...while my tummy isn't the same shape it was pre-baby it is certainly a LOT closer than it was 6 months after.....

I also now weigh substantially less than pre-baby. Just wait till you are chasing the toddler around!

PansOnFire Tue 01-Apr-14 10:30:13

I was, 6 months is really hard. I feel much better now 10 months on, my body is more like it was pre baby and I'm definitely getting more sleep. It's a phase and it will soon pass. Don't pressure yourself.

pulcinella Tue 01-Apr-14 10:35:12

Post-partum underactive thyroid is also not THAT uncommon. Unfortunately all the symptoms are the same as that familiar ailment known as 'looking after a baby'... (fatter, tired, losing hair etc). However, if you are abnormally tired it could be worth checking with your GP.

Skylander1 Tue 01-Apr-14 11:38:43

It took me a year before the fog lifted and I felt like myself, then I got pregnant again - twice!

Sceptimum Tue 01-Apr-14 12:38:36

Check your thyroid if you are really exhausted - post-partum thyroiditis is fairly common and pretty dire news for your energy levels
Also bloody hard to spot in the perfectly normal post birth tiredness!

Bodicea Tue 01-Apr-14 18:38:03

The shop I bought some tops from was Wallis - would never have considered before but the had lots of lovely floaty tummy skimming tops x

Lozzy123 Wed 02-Apr-14 00:32:18

Thanks for the replies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now