Talk

Advanced search

HOLY FUCKING SHIT....JUST SEEN A MOUSE...WIBU TO RUN AWAY FROM THIS HOUSE?

(78 Posts)
DoorToDecember Tue 01-Apr-14 00:04:19

OH HOLY GOD.
I AM SO SCARED AND PANICKY RIGHT NOW

I WAS JUST GOING TO GET A LATE NIGHT SNACK FROM THE KITCHEN WHEN THIS BEAST OF A MOUSE DARTED PAST ME AND SPED INTO MY LIVING ROOM.........

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A FEAR OF A RAT BITING MY BUM WHILE I'M ON THE LOO.

WILL IT COME INTO MY BEDROOM WHILE I SLEEP?
OH MY GOD
SHOULD I CALL PEST CONTROL????

NEVER SEEN A MOUSE IN REAL LIFE BEFORE NOW. NEVER SEEN A MOUSE IN THIS HOUSE BEFORE. DOES THIS MEAN I AM SLATTERNLY?

CAN'T CALL DP AS HE WOULD THINK I AM MAD.

Caitlin17 Tue 01-Apr-14 00:05:22

I think you're mad too.

AGnu Tue 01-Apr-14 00:07:17

Go into your room, shut the door, put a rolled up towel against the bottom of the door. You're perfectly safe. It's not going to hunt you down! grin

I once spent 10 minutes repeatedly telling DH there was a mouse in the house! He wasn't in the least fazed!

Mrsmorton Tue 01-Apr-14 00:09:22

Mice are ok, seriously you are being a little OTT. They are terrified of us generally, try to calm down and then tomorrow you can investigate spend £££ on pest control

Like AGnu said, they're not hunters, they are confirmed prey animals.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Tue 01-Apr-14 00:10:04

I have also reacted like this! You can't do much tonight. Tomorrow, buy snap traps, bait with chocolate/peanut butter and set where you can see mouse activity (i.e. poo), usually along the walls. They are so cheap you can bin them (double bagged) when they work. Longer term, keep foodstuffs like pasta in glass jars, keep the kitchen clear of food debris/crumbs. Look along walls/floor boards/round pipe/cable entries for holes as tiny as the width of a pencil and fill them in ....... Clean surfaces before use!

elahrairahforprimeminister Tue 01-Apr-14 00:10:15

Awww, mice are cute!

I had one living in my shed. He ate a deflated bouncy castle (was yellow, think he thought it was cheese). I named him Alfred.

A mouse won't hurt you. It'll be terrified of you. Honestly.

Mice are lovely. Have you seen Cinderella?

What are you going to call it??

smile

elahrairahforprimeminister Tue 01-Apr-14 00:11:51

No. Don't get traps. Cruel.

They hate mint. Buy some mint plants from a supermarket and put a couple wherever you think they're coming in.

They'll piss off once it gets warmer.

EatShitDerek Tue 01-Apr-14 00:12:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jinty64 Tue 01-Apr-14 00:13:14

We had one called Henry. We caught it in a humane trap and ds let it go in the woods. We left the trap out and, the next day, caught another. By the time we got to Henry the eighth we were marking them with tipex before letting them go as we weren't convinced that it wasn't the same one coming back.

It's only a little mouse. It won't hurt you. Get a humane trap in the morning and catch it.

ThatBloodyWoman Tue 01-Apr-14 00:13:24

We had one lurking around for months last year.

It used to stop and have a wash and look at me while I was watching tv.

Cat's elderly now and spends all his time asleep or licking his bum.

Make peace with your mousr, op.

DoorToDecember Tue 01-Apr-14 00:17:17

Rolled towel is against bottom of door, I have tucked my pj bottoms into my socks.

[SHOCK] SHERMAN? I am naming it Borrowed Time. Pest control first thing tomorrow morning. I wish there was a 24 hour service.

I feel so itchy and squirmy. I hate and am afraid of mice so much.

Mint? I'll be buying that too.

I feel like I can hear a scratching sound everywhere.

Jolleigh Tue 01-Apr-14 00:19:26

Biting your bum while on the loo? They don't generally live in toilets hmm

I've had mice as pets and now as food for a pet (I have a snake) so have no issue with them, but I do get why other people do.

Chances are you're not a slattern. My brother had a few mice in his house recently when he'd neglected to store the dog food in a plastic container. He lives in a very built up area and mice can get in through the tiniest holes. Check you've got nothing attracting them, clean your house to feel a bit less ick and chuck a few traps down in some places where mice would find cozy as in not down the loo wink

andsmile Tue 01-Apr-14 00:19:50

I bet it pooed on your carpet when it saw you aswell!

firstbaby01 Tue 01-Apr-14 00:21:38

Don't worry op I would have done the same! I have a massive fear of mice/rat's/other small things with claws and teeth. DP thought it was hilarious when I ran across my horses field screaming last night because there was a mouse near their water. Can you block him in the living room for DP to deal with in the morning?

Shaky Tue 01-Apr-14 00:22:29

You need a cat. Take your pick from yet his lot, they are ace mouse catchers.

DoorToDecember Tue 01-Apr-14 00:23:30

andsmile NOT helping!!!

Jolleigh One of my irrational fears, I know, it stems from this article I read once about giant sewer rats.

Shaky Tue 01-Apr-14 00:23:51

* this lot

Apologies for appalling spelling blush

scottishmummy Tue 01-Apr-14 00:24:28

Traps,poison,anything to kill em.its your home not a fucking humanitarian mission
There isn't s nice fir mice convalescent home.poison or trap the wee fuckers
Ignore any hippy advice to sing kumbaya or catch humanely

DoorToDecember Tue 01-Apr-14 00:26:20

firstbaby01 DP lives on the other side of London sad I can't justify calling him over for this though.

flummoxedlummox Tue 01-Apr-14 00:27:48

Free the DoorToDecember One! smile

cafecito Tue 01-Apr-14 00:29:34

it might go into your bed
and nibble your nose while you are sleeping

cafecito Tue 01-Apr-14 00:30:30

I bet you'll hear it scratching and scrabbling about under your bedroom floor at about 3am

DoorToDecember Tue 01-Apr-14 00:31:12

cafecito Quite literally, one of my worst nightmares ever. Waking up to a rodent on my face......sad sad

toogoodtobewoo Tue 01-Apr-14 00:31:23

well we had a titchy tiny mouse. I thought aww. Then the ickle mouse made a friend and she came along too.

Then the massive fuckers turned up. Looking for snack.

So I put down lovely peanut (blue!) snacks down from b & q.

And they were gone. The End.

andsmile Tue 01-Apr-14 00:31:30

You will be fine.

It cannot get to you.

It is not interested in you (sorry but its just not)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now