Talk

Advanced search

To think state, free, selective, faith, boarding, private schools should be closed.

(34 Posts)
morethanpotatoprints Mon 31-Mar-14 23:16:29

Just jumping on the bandwagon here.

As most people aren't happy with the choices.
Close them all and Home educate.

BethanyBoobs Mon 31-Mar-14 23:18:18

Is this a Fred about a Fred?

wink

IneedAwittierNickname Mon 31-Mar-14 23:20:00

Yanbu, but why bother homeschooling, I'd rather my dc were paid for cleaning chimneys so I can buy wine and cake

IneedAwittierNickname Mon 31-Mar-14 23:20:58

Oops forgot the wink and the disclaimer that I'm joking for those who may be lacking in humor

motown3000 Mon 31-Mar-14 23:21:43

Morethan. I thought your DS was going to a Music boarding ( Selective School).

morethanpotatoprints Mon 31-Mar-14 23:23:33

Bethany

Its a fred about many freds all saying the same bloody thing. grin

I know we all want what's best for our kids and good choices, but when it isn't possible you get over it.
One out of our 3 dc will have the opportunity to reach their potential academically and vocally. The other two will do this as adults if they wish to.

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 31-Mar-14 23:24:06

Do you want to include ballet schools in that lot?

morethanpotatoprints Mon 31-Mar-14 23:24:22

I mean vocationally, not vocally.

BethanyBoobs Mon 31-Mar-14 23:25:38

Ineed I have to admit I sometimes find it hard to tell when people are joking and have a habit of taking things too literally at times blush. Don't panic though I'm working on it.

BethanyBoobs Mon 31-Mar-14 23:26:01

Fair enough morethan. Carry on smile

morethanpotatoprints Mon 31-Mar-14 23:26:03

Pictures

Yes, why should your dd have a better chance than mine.
They are too selective and should consider chunky shit houses like my dd. grin

Maryz Mon 31-Mar-14 23:27:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 31-Mar-14 23:27:43

And why should ds & his vile din not have a chance too?

Actually he's doing quite well at it but not voc school level.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 31-Mar-14 23:28:22

motown

She may well do, but my dd is just so special you see. Its only fair that this school should remain grin

She's decided she may get a bit homesick, is the latest.
No shit Sherlock grin

Lagos Mon 31-Mar-14 23:30:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

motown3000 Mon 31-Mar-14 23:31:58

State Boarding Grammar Schools , where they exist, Skegness , Cranbrook Reading , ETC offer 60-70% of a Public School Education. They are Jewels in the crown of the state sector and there should be greater provision, of this type of school.

PacificDogwood Mon 31-Mar-14 23:32:34

Oh, yes, close all school and send all kids down the pits.

Ah, no, no more pits… hm, that's a problem then.

My DC are all going to /will be going to state schools - 6 years ago we had to decide to do our house up or cough up for private education. I realise we are lucky to live in an area with good state schools (or rather, we went out of our way to find jobs and move to an area with decent schools), but the house won. So far, no regrets…

I think ALL public servants should be sacked - I don't like half-arses measures. Police, firefighters, SW, HCP - we could do it all better ourselves. Tsk.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 31-Mar-14 23:32:57

Maryz

Brilliant, you see with H.ed you don't need teachers.
They are all rubbish anyway. How dare they strike for better conditions, who do they think they are. All the holidays and stopping us from having them in term time, they should be ashamed.

No, I pity them, they work hard, for little reward and I take my hat off to them. Ok, there are good and bad, just like every other profession.

With H.ed they won't be needed and can teach their own dc, or find a job where they can be more respected. thanks to good teachers.

jonicomelately Mon 31-Mar-14 23:33:41

Yanbu

jonicomelately Mon 31-Mar-14 23:34:46

I've been to a sports event at Skegness grammar. I wise we lived near enough to send my kids to.

jonicomelately Mon 31-Mar-14 23:35:02

'It'

IneedAwittierNickname Mon 31-Mar-14 23:37:51

Bethany its ok, I miss a joke too sometimes!
I like to think a joke about sending my dc up a chimney is obviously a joke,but I've been 'jumped on' for similar jokes in the past, so now always add a disclaimer.

Lagos Mon 31-Mar-14 23:40:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BethanyBoobs Mon 31-Mar-14 23:41:51

*You know what ... Sod it. Close all hospitals and fire the medical staff.

We all live too long, there are far too many of us. That'll help. More money to open all those mines with.*

That's not a bad idea actually.

Maryz Mon 31-Mar-14 23:42:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now