Talk

Advanced search

When a small row escalates into other rows and by the end of the week you cannot stand to be in the same room ...

(17 Posts)
Allthreerolledintoone Mon 31-Mar-14 22:21:27

You even consider the marriage is over because you hate them so much. And then the moment you go to the bathroom it suddenly comes clear you are due on and suddenly you question your actions, feelings your mind even.

Allthreerolledintoone Mon 31-Mar-14 22:23:02

But so much has been said and done during the week in anger and haste and you've hurt each other.

HellonHeels Mon 31-Mar-14 23:00:50

Get a wall calendar. Mark your periods on it. Whenever you feel a row brewing, check the calendar.

Meantime can you tell your DH what's been going on and apologise? and look into managing your symptoms.

On the other hand perhaps the hormonal freakout is just revealing that there are actually serious issues that you need to address?

You have my sympathies, PMS gives me hugely depressed moods for a couple of days when everything is as bad as it could possibly be.

JingletsJangletsYellowBanglets Mon 31-Mar-14 23:02:38

Takes two. Is it also his time of the month?

HuntingforBunting Mon 31-Mar-14 23:49:59

Evening primrose oil really, really does help with this. Two big high strength capsules a day. Hope things get better soon.

LokiTheCynicalCat Mon 31-Mar-14 23:57:37

I do this occasionally. Twice in the last 4 years I have had a marriage-ending row, only for AF to arrive the following morning. And then I've had to make a sheepish apology and eat humble pie til I'm stuffed. This got worse in pregnancy. Luckily DH is usually relieved to know it's not serious and ever since pregnancy he's gotten wise to my hormone rages. He'll take the bait in the morning (when neither of us know it's bait) and in the evening by the time he comes home from work he has usually figured it out and has a cool head, so accepts my apologies with good grace and apologises for his own role in the row.

So far so good anyway. It helps that when the mist clears I really, really don't want to divorce him!

Nocomet Tue 01-Apr-14 00:02:44

But wow betide the DH who dares suggest this is the reason your being unreasonably.

GhettoPrincess Tue 01-Apr-14 00:09:35

I've had several, 'Grr I hate that man' feelings. Usually PMT related it has to be said.

I usually bellow at him in the normal manner.

Then at another time I realise that we are good for each other and what a bloody fool I would be to actually divorce him.

I sympathise with women who's relationships and marriages really have come to an end or they have to end them for their own safety/sanity.

I don't feel a fraud when things return to an even keel and we are normal or happy again. Basically, when a relationship is ending, even when I'm not cross I still feel empty or that the relationship is pointless. That's what's happened in relationships when I was single.

When we're happy again, my husband returns to being the man of my dreams or something like that.

lizzzyyliveson Tue 01-Apr-14 07:05:07

Track your periods with monthlyinfo.com and it sends you an email a couple of days before you are due.

TheDoctorsNewKidneys Tue 01-Apr-14 07:22:44

I get this.

Week before my period I'm irritable, grumpy, tired, don't sleep well and I know I pick at DP without meaning to. However, I always warn him that I'm due and I try my best not to pick at him and I always apologise afterwards.

It happens probably 9 months of the year. It's ridiculously frustrating because I know it's happening and for some reason I just can't stop it! blush

Amrapaali Tue 01-Apr-14 07:26:19

Agree with NoComet. smile

If he dares say I'm hormonal, I will not hesitate to bite off his head.

Morgause Tue 01-Apr-14 07:29:15

We used to mark the beginning of PMT on the calendar. I used to be totally irrational sometimes and if we bickered we'd agree to leave it until AF arrived, after looking at the date. Usually it wasn't worth bickering about.

ElleMcFearsome Tue 01-Apr-14 07:30:58

Yeah, I do this. I have my cycle marked on my phone though, so I check. Then I warn DH that I'm feeling a bit pitbull like and that I'm trying to keep a grip on it. Second the evening primrose/starflower oil recommendation though, I think it helps a bit.

GertyD Tue 01-Apr-14 08:21:37

My DP is wonderful. He always knows it is that time, without me mentioning it. I threw a tube of Pringles at him on Sunday night, just because he said the wrong thing - about cat food tins - the lid wasn't on, the Pringles went everywhere. He calmly cleaned up, then came into the living room where I was crying my eyes out, and hugged me and reassured me I wasn't that much of a psycho really grin

Allthreerolledintoone Tue 01-Apr-14 16:12:41

Thank you for the replies. To be fair I had good reason to be pissed off with dh but it just snow balled after that. It was our wedding anniversary the other day too and we hardly spoke or exchanged gifts and then mothered day. So now I'm upset because it all got ruined.

BananaBumps Tue 01-Apr-14 16:17:31

I had the same thing last week - wouldn't happen without a good reason but my reaction was over the top.

IDugUpADiamond Tue 01-Apr-14 16:24:55

GertyD mine too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now