Talk

Advanced search

Ex husband turning up at parents

(14 Posts)
Skylander1 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:33:15

Aibu to think my ex shouldn't turn up at my parents house after we were divorced 10 years ago? He apparently was passing so thought he would stop by for a chat! Just that!

bragmatic Mon 31-Mar-14 20:36:04

My dad always kept in touch with mum's folks. They were fond of each other.

Has he had steady contact over the 10 years? Or nothing, and then this?

Skylander1 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:37:00

Nothing for years and now this, I could understand if they had kept in contact but they haven't

HowContraryMary Mon 31-Mar-14 20:39:12

Its got nothing to do with you though. If your parents didnt want to see him, they didn't have to invite him in.

fortunately I'm two continents away from my exMIL but I do drop in when passing once every 5 years I don't have an issue with her just her twat of a son

Delphiniumsblue Mon 31-Mar-14 20:40:49

It seems fair enough. Had he fallen out with them?

morethanpotatoprints Mon 31-Mar-14 20:41:02

I smell a rat and it sounds like he was after info about something.
but I'm an old cynic, ignore me.

justmyview Mon 31-Mar-14 20:42:45

I have fond memories of time I spent with the parents of an ex-boyfriend many years ago. If I happened to be in the area, I'd like to think I might be able to pop in to say a quick hello without seeking his permission, so YABU

Skylander1 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:43:11

In a role reversals I would pop by and see his mum I guess but I have maintained minimal contact over the years. Anyway it's done just hoping he doesn't make a habit of it and I told my mum not to tell because I have no desire to know anything about his life.

Ludways Mon 31-Mar-14 20:45:02

YABU, he had a relationship with others in your family, not just you. He probably remembers them with fondness and just wanted to say hello.

Skylander1 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:46:20

Morethan, I think that's my problem he harassed me for a very long time after we split the last text I had was two years ago, asking something very personal and sexual. He had done this to me many times, but my parents are not aware of this.

Delphiniumsblue Mon 31-Mar-14 20:52:02

If your parents are not aware you can't be surprised that they are friendly.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 31-Mar-14 20:54:17

Skylander

I'm sorry, I certainly didn't mean to worry you and have no experience of this at all. It was just a gut feeling and a bit of logic.
I could be completely wrong though.
Do you have children and how old are they?
If he harassed you a lot he may feel he can't contact you now and just be catching up and finding out about you and the dc.
Could it be like this perhaps?

Skylander1 Mon 31-Mar-14 21:04:22

Delph I know that that's why I said they are not aware. Morethan it's ok I'm not overly worried I just know what he is like, he can't approach me now as I have asked him not too.

Delphiniumsblue Mon 31-Mar-14 22:28:07

Have you thought of giving them a word of warning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now