Talk

Advanced search

To hate the fact that we change the clocks and think its stupid

(13 Posts)
TisforTiger Mon 31-Mar-14 20:30:32

Ok I may be feeling a little raw exhausted because it's fucked up the routines of my rubbish sleepers add and DS.

But I can not think of one good reason to do it, apart from the supposed cows ( which I think is a myth anyway).

So why do we do it???

TisforTiger Mon 31-Mar-14 20:31:11

Sorry DD not add

HowContraryMary Mon 31-Mar-14 20:32:34

daylight saving to stop school children being run over in winter.

Fuck all to do with cows, who probably are pissed off with their udders being meddled with

Varya Mon 31-Mar-14 20:35:15

Children go to school in their parents cars and the idea of them being run over is not a good enough reason to persist with this stupid clock-changing thing.

StoorieHoose Mon 31-Mar-14 20:36:58

Don't worry once Scottish Independence happens and people can't blame those bloody scottish farmers and weans having to go out in the dark mornings, England can stop having to change the clocks to suit the selfish buggers

Tryingtobetidy Mon 31-Mar-14 20:37:53

YANBU

RedandChecker Mon 31-Mar-14 20:37:59

I'm with you. DS argued with me for two hours about it being light when I announced bed time. I think he's just nodded off but too scared to check! I've been up and down the stairs like a yoyo trying to get him to sleep, but I did eat a whole bag of HAribo so I suppose I needed the excersise

2kidsintow Mon 31-Mar-14 20:40:35

I'm a teacher and the thought of being on duty with a school of children who are on the yard in the dark in the winter months (most schools don't have sufficient lighting on their playgrounds) would fill me with dread. And the road situation outside school with children crossing the road after being dropped off by their parents in the car is bad enough in broad daylight.

That said - I appreciate instantly how much extra time my DD's have to play after school before it gets too dark now the clocks have changed.

TheEmpress Mon 31-Mar-14 20:42:38

Winter is the normal time. Summer is the altered time.

I hate light nights! smile

Nennypops Mon 31-Mar-14 20:47:34

YANBU. I remember fondly the experiment with permanent BST some time ago, I thought it was great. I prefer light evenings every time.

Bunbaker Mon 31-Mar-14 20:49:49

"I hate light nights!"

I love light nights grin. I have crap eyesight and I struggle with the dark nights and low light levels in winter. I yearn for long, sunny summer evenings.

pixiepotter Mon 31-Mar-14 20:50:18

It was introduced for farmers to have lighter mornings in winter and lighter evenings in summer

weebairn Mon 31-Mar-14 20:58:41

It is brilliant

My toddler has just effortlessly gone from 6.30pm-5am nights to 7.30pm-6am nights. OH GOD I AM SO HAPPY. I am an early bird but no one is at their best at 5 sodding am.

doesn't think about what will happen in the autumn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now