Talk

Advanced search

To go to center parcs?

(15 Posts)
Chocoholism Mon 31-Mar-14 14:20:10

I've got a young baby who will be 7/8 months old when I plan to get away somewhere this year. Only want to go for a few days and this will be first family holiday with my new baby so I'm not sure if places like center parcs are nice or not? Is it ok there? My DP would hate anywhere holiday campsite ish like your typical pontins or whatever (I have no experience with pontins either so I don't know why it's seen as so bad by him)
Any other reasonable close to london ish places to take a baby?

wannabestressfree Mon 31-Mar-14 14:21:38

I LOVE centre parcs and had some really lovely holidays there when my sons where little. Try Eleveden when the older children are at school......

momb Mon 31-Mar-14 14:23:25

YANBU. You'll have a lovely time.

reddaisy Mon 31-Mar-14 14:24:14

Center Parcs is great and v reasonable when it is term-time. Extortionate during school holidays though!

ZforZachariah Mon 31-Mar-14 14:24:51

I wouldn't bother paying for Centre Parcs when the baby won't be old enough to do anything on offer. This will be your last holiday with an immobile child and you won't be paying a child premium so I'd do something I really wanted to do like go to a beautiful city with interesting museums. Or somewhere in the country and go for long walks.

You'll just be walking and cycling there anyway so you could do it somewhere else and not pay a fortune for it. Unless you and dh want to do the activities there.

Chocoholism Mon 31-Mar-14 14:32:02

Where in the UK not too far from london would you recommend Z?

Bloodyholly Mon 31-Mar-14 14:55:07

You could look somewhere like cottageholidays.co.UK. We did this when DS was younger (about 1) and rented a lovely log cabins and it was a short drive from the beach and coastal towns (and had an outside jacuzzi- bliss!)

suggestions ouple more or take a ferry from Dover to France for a few days. Bath is also nice and easy to reach by train.

ZforZachariah Mon 31-Mar-14 15:09:27

Paris ;).

What about the New Forest? Then you can do the beach and hire bikes with a trailer for forest rides. Pretty towns and nice pubs too.

We went to the Forest of Dean when dc1 was about six months and did lovely walks with her in the backpack and visited Hereford and the Wye Valley.

I like Centre Parcs but my dc were 2&4 when we first went so could use the playgrounds and pool lots even if they couldn't do most other activities. Most importantly they could go in the crèche...

blanchedeveraux Mon 31-Mar-14 17:02:41

I hate Center Parcs, they charge you for EVERYTHING and the accommodation isn't worth the money (even in low season). I also thought it had a creepy, Truman Show vibe but that's just my opinion. I highly recommend Crieff Hydro. The chalets are reasonable, they're in beautiful grounds, there's tons to do in the area and you get full use of the hotel facilities which are of a much higher standard than anything at Center Parcs. Enjoy whatever you decide!

Bananapickle Mon 31-Mar-14 17:07:14

We've taken DD to centre parcs when she was immobile and as a toddler and we've had great times. We don't mind just having a splash in the pool and doing a bit of cycling so we it an easy get away.
If you like and are able to eat out the restaurants are good and don't mind babies.
Totally depends what kind of holiday you like!

PicaK Mon 31-Mar-14 17:33:16

I love center parcs but honestly with a small baby i'd go do something you enjoy (city holiday etc). CP comes into its own when your little one is on the move.

runnerBeanee Mon 31-Mar-14 18:38:18

Centre parcs is great, but I'd save it until next year and head to the Cotswolds or simular whilst lo is still immobile

BeerHunter Mon 31-Mar-14 18:54:47

You may want to read this thread before you make that booking
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/1385104-Center-Parcs-Anal-sex

Did DP suggest it by any chance?

PrimalLass Mon 31-Mar-14 18:56:23

I'm there right now!

Crieff Hydro is nice but we had one of the 2-bed chalets behind the tennis courts. Worst 2 nights sleep of our lives. Tiny twin beds in the 'master' bedroom that were almost touching the floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now