Talk

Advanced search

Need help ASAP

(42 Posts)
Nellysgirl Sun 30-Mar-14 22:42:05

Arrived in Cyprus just now with 6 month old baby. Got to hotel told booking been cancelled due to our travel company going under. We have had to pay to stay tonight but not sure what to do. Manager will see us in the morning. Surely it's their job to ensure they receive the funds from. The 3rd party before accepting our booking. Or at least let us know something about it before getting on a plane with baby and both grandmas. Please help me if anyone knows anything about this I am absolutely devastated. Only took out holiday insurance a few days ago likely after the booking co went under.
Desperately worried!!!

Sirzy Sun 30-Mar-14 22:44:40

Where the company Abta registered? If so I would try to contact them (and your insurer tomorrow)

Are there any other guests there in the same position as you?

What a horrible situation, hope it gets sorted.

TequilaMockinBird Sun 30-Mar-14 22:46:50

Oh no sad. Who did you book with? Do your insurers have a 24 hour helpline?

TeaAndALemonTart Sun 30-Mar-14 22:48:58

Who did you book with?

Nellysgirl Sun 30-Mar-14 22:56:20

I think the company that confirmed the booking was jt holiday group by the voucher was euro rooms? My DP made the booking over the phone. I'm so confused because I can't believe they would make and accept reservations via any company without payment

gordyslovesheep Sun 30-Mar-14 22:59:11

try your insurance company - most have emergency lines

WooWooOwl Sun 30-Mar-14 23:05:48

All you can do is get in touch with your insurance company and get advice on what to do next from them. Hopefully the manager will be helpful in the morning.

Good luck

PatriciaHolm Sun 30-Mar-14 23:07:02

Euro rooms limited have gone under, so your hotel won't have been paid. Talk to your insurers, as your only other option is pay for the room yourself and try to reclaim it from eurorooms later, but you will be way down the list of creditors.
I'm sorry OP.

MelanieCheeks Sun 30-Mar-14 23:07:28

Contact your travel insurance people in the morning.

Nellysgirl Sun 30-Mar-14 23:22:41

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
I feel heartbroken by this the grandmas are here and were so excited and we have all been really looking forward to this - just the holiday we all needed and now this ... hmm

CSIJanner Mon 31-Mar-14 03:18:08

A quick google found that euro rooms went into administration on the 7th March but they claim that the money has been ring fenced. However holiday blogs did cover the administration and what to do here

HTH

maddening Mon 31-Mar-14 03:59:48

How did you pay?

Lj8893 Mon 31-Mar-14 04:04:40

Contact your insurers asap, they should be able to advise you on your plan of action.

Anchorage Mon 31-Mar-14 04:09:42

If you paid by credit card (not debit card) then call credit card company too as you will be covered by them.

Nellysgirl Mon 31-Mar-14 05:46:03

Morning everyone! Thanks so muh for all your help. It's so nice to have suggestions and advice as I feel totally loads and vulnerable.
We booked and paid via debit card over the phone. All paperwork is with jt holidays but they don't seem to have a website.
When googled it comes up jetline travel, which is atol and abta so hoping to god it's the same company and there is some light at the end of the tunnel confused

Nellysgirl Mon 31-Mar-14 06:00:01

*lost

TequilaMockinBird Mon 31-Mar-14 07:17:25

Your bank may still be able to help if insurance can't OP. See here

Lj8893 Mon 31-Mar-14 08:27:37

Insurance, op, insurance!! They will be able to help you!

Nellysgirl Mon 31-Mar-14 09:00:09

Thanks so much I think his card is visa so might be something in that. I would never have known thank you thank you x

Logg1e Mon 31-Mar-14 09:02:07

What about the insurance company??

Lj8893 Mon 31-Mar-14 09:03:19

Bloody invisible, me.

Logg1e Mon 31-Mar-14 09:04:34

Lj8893 what do you think the OP should do?

wigglesrock Mon 31-Mar-14 09:05:04

This happened to my pils last 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure who they booked with but they arrived in Portugal & hotel told them the company they had made their booking with hadn't paid.

They pur the hotel bill on a credit card. They've been back about 10 days & will receiving the cost of what they had to pay on arrival back today. They had booked on a credit card, the hotel gave them info, documents etc that they may have needed to claim the cost back. The hotel apparently were really helpful.

I hope you can get something sorted out & you all enjoy the holiday

ArtFine Mon 31-Mar-14 09:05:18

They probably didn't get insurance. I never do.

Lj8893 Mon 31-Mar-14 09:05:22

She needs to contact her insurance company, that's what they are there for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now