Talk

Advanced search

To still want to go on holiday?

(11 Posts)
Tealady1983 Sun 30-Mar-14 14:37:20

We are due to go in holiday in this country on Friday. However my son has recurring ear infections/ tonsillitis. We have an app for ent consultant for mid April to take steps to resolve the problem. He is currently on antibiotics for tonsillitis since yesterday and I have been given a spare bottle of antibiotics to have in jut in case is flares up through night or whilst we in said holiday. My dh is now saying we shouldn't go as ds isn't well. He will be finished iOS antibiotic by the time we go and should be fine given his usual pattern Aibu I still want to go

mrsjay Sun 30-Mar-14 14:43:13

no yanbu
is your boy usually ok after a few days of antibiotics if he is then go if he is miserable and feeling naff then i think id stay home nothing worse than being ill on holiday

WooWooOwl Sun 30-Mar-14 14:43:48

YANBU.

You still have almost a week for the antibiotics to kick in, your ds might be much better by Friday.

If you're going on a hiking holiday or something it would be worth having a plan B so that you have alternative entertainment on the holiday, but otherwise, I can't see the problem.

HappyAgainOneDay Sun 30-Mar-14 14:44:48

Presumably, you saw a doctor yesterday when the antibiotics were prescribed. Didn't you ask the doctor then about taking your DS on holiday?

How old is your DS?

Tealady1983 Sun 30-Mar-14 14:47:00

He is 5 and doc said go that why he gave me extra bottle just in case we going to a haven park so can be as active or not as we wish really. Btw he is really excited about going and has been counting down the sleeps.

mrsjay Sun 30-Mar-14 14:47:53

och dont cancel it if he is really ill you can come home

ADishBestEatenCold Sun 30-Mar-14 14:51:58

That's still five days away. Also, it may well do you son the power of good to get away on holiday. How old is he? Old enough to be excited about going on holiday? Never underestimate the healing power of a distraction!

ADishBestEatenCold Sun 30-Mar-14 14:55:48

Cross post! I see he's five. He'll love it and I would be very surprised if he doesn't manage to be well enough to fully participate.

(By that I don't he's playing it up, in any way, I simply mean that children really can be inordinately tough against illness, especially when distracted)

Have a lovely time!

Iggi101 Sun 30-Mar-14 16:50:41

I think your dh possibly doesn't like Haven holidays as much as your ds.

wonderingsoul Sun 30-Mar-14 16:54:46

of course you shoudl still go!

if he is really to ill you can still stay in the caravan/challet, though i am sure hw ill be loads better, and its something im guessing hes really looking forward to.

tell your dh he ibu.

BackforGood Sun 30-Mar-14 17:05:50

Of course you should still go - I think Iggi has probably hit the nail on the head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now