Talk

Advanced search

To be glad they've stolen this and hope they use it?

(10 Posts)
D0oinMeCleanin Sun 30-Mar-14 14:04:12

My mum got a CD for mothers day. She gave it to me to make a copy of it for her car. She doesn't like leaving original discs in her car or staffroom, they've gone missing in the past.

I went to get out my blank CDs and noticed then when we were broken into a few weeks ago, they've taken my blank CDs, the DVDs and also a box of bootable discs and windows repair and back up discs (all free to make from your PC or the internet)

Now I'm very lazy, I don't always write full labels on discs so "Dad's Windows Vista repair bootable disc" would be named "BD D WV"

If you put this in your PC and you're not sure what you are doing it will go about automatically deleting your operating system in order to reinstall.

They've taken a few discs that could bugger up your operating system if you start fucking about with things on them.

I am very happy with this. I hope they put it in their laptops/pcs as soon as they got home. I hope they pressed boot from disc as soon as the option popped up and I hope they no longer have a working operating system grin

youarewinning Sun 30-Mar-14 14:11:49

There is always hope that karma does actually exist grin

TheWickerWoman Sun 30-Mar-14 14:13:10

Fantastic! smile

EverythingsDozy Sun 30-Mar-14 14:16:29

YADNBU! What a wonderful way to remind people what a shitty thing it is to steal grin

EatDessertFirst Sun 30-Mar-14 14:17:17

YANBU.

Sorry to hear about your break-in thanks.

Karma does exist! My dad had his Sat-Nav stolen (among many other things) after a burglary at his flat. The vile evil scummy twat chap that took it tried to pawn it in cash converters and was arrested in the shop due to the security measures on the device. He is now in prison.

<cue evil laugh>

D0oinMeCleanin Sun 30-Mar-14 14:20:49

They'll have been very pleased with their haul, they got away with, among only slightly more valuable things one netbook, with a burnt out motherboard, one Kindle Fire, with an unknown issue that prevents it turning on and one ipod nano with a broken charger port and sticky clicky wheel.

They went directly to the PC desk. What they didn't realise, obviously, is that besides the PC, everything is worthless and is there to be repaired at a later date/used for parts grin

They did take some other things, but nothing really worth much. We think they tried to get into the front room, which is where we keep things that actually work, but were disturbed by the dog. We were very lucky.

Nocomet Sun 30-Mar-14 14:34:24

Your study sounds like ours, broken iPods, laptops with crashed hard discs and desk top machines configured with the most evil Linix Kernels an weird fire walls I'm not sure what you'd do with them.

I do hope your boot discs scramble their operating systems and I'm glad the dog chased them off.

plentyofsoap Sun 30-Mar-14 15:55:01

There was a break in at the show home near us.
They nicked the fake tv. Criminals are not bright.

madamehooch Sun 30-Mar-14 16:01:12

We had two kindle demonstration models stolen from our shop. They only work though with the stores :-)

MiaowTheCat Sun 30-Mar-14 16:58:28

Aunt used to own a pub in the more "lively" part of the area. Guy was caught one night after having smashed half the windows in the pub, one leg inside the pub and the other leg out of the window, pub TV in hand.

He honestly tried to convince the cops it wasn't HIM stealing the TV - he was just holding onto it for a mate who'd run away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now