Talk

Advanced search

miffed with my prize (lighthearted)

(33 Posts)
jollygoose Sat 29-Mar-14 19:25:25

I went the other evening to a "ladies evening" - fashion show, tastings etc and there was a raffle with about 50 prizes. They phoned to say I had won a prize si I was excitedly wondering which - there were some lovely things, several new handbags, gorgeous candles, nice make up and small hampers so I couldnt wait - alas what did I get a bee keepiong experience day! am gutted.
If anyone knows a person who would be pleased with such a thing (Bournemouth area) please get in touch and I would be delighted to give it to them.

InAGrump Sat 29-Mar-14 19:53:30

outs self

I won a raffle at Christmas from the children's centre. Among other things it contained tinned Tesco value potatoes and toothbrushes hmm

Feel guilty moaning as I know they are there to support low inc families. I dud get some lovely books etc and donated the rest to a foodbank.

AwfulMaureen Sat 29-Mar-14 19:55:11

I wish I was in Bournemouth! I'd LOVE that!

wheresthelight Sat 29-Mar-14 19:55:23

haha sorry this is usually me getting the crappiest prize! hope it was all for a good cause!

ThePrisonerOfAzkaban Sat 29-Mar-14 19:57:25

The worst thing I've ever won is a 2 ltr bottle of liquid garlic, it stank!

orangepudding Sat 29-Mar-14 20:01:28

I would love a bee keeping experience though not enough to travel to Bournmouth.

Yuk to the liquid garlic!

FracturedViewOfLife Sat 29-Mar-14 20:51:00

I would love a bee keeping experience too. Not in Bournemouth are though.

I won a backpack full of teabags once grin

reallyshortarse Sat 29-Mar-14 20:57:13

Wish you would give it to the local councillor who lives over the road from me and seems to have her bees swarm at least 3 times a year - and yes, I live in Bournemouth!

I once won a weekly bus ticket .. at Christmas ... it expired 31 December that year. I hardly ever use the bus and all my colleagues were off work as we were closed for the week, so couldn't even give it away :-/

foslady Sat 29-Mar-14 22:50:18

Many years ago I won a raw mixed grill at a night out.....lord knows how long it had been kept out in a warm WMC concert room (think Phoenix Nights...)

KurriKurri Sat 29-Mar-14 23:31:58

Honestly -give the beekeeping day a try - you might well enjoy it, bees are fascinating creatures, and you'll get to wear a funky hat+veil combo grin (and you might even get some free honeycomb)

CuppaSarah Sun 30-Mar-14 08:44:40

YABU Bee keeping is a fab experience! You really should try it. It's so relaxing and therapeutic. Nothing better on a warm spring day.

OddFodd Sun 30-Mar-14 08:49:24

OMG foslady are you me? I won a raw mixed grill in a pub quiz. I also won a pastel patchwork quilt in a school raffle when I was going through a bit of a goth phase. I'm not much good at raffles even when I do win

MsAspreyDiamonds Sun 30-Mar-14 09:03:55

I won a �50 shopping voucher after correctly guessing the number of balloons in a mini at my dc summer fair.

lastnightIwenttoManderley Sun 30-Mar-14 12:18:15

Beekeeping would be amazing!

momb Sun 30-Mar-14 12:27:30

Beekeeping experience sounds fab!
Go: it's something outside your comfort zone which is healthy for you. It may be amazing, and the way things are going there won't be many bees to experience in a few years!

BibiBlocksberg Sun 30-Mar-14 12:27:37

I'm in Bournemouth and always looking for something new to try. If you decide you really don't want it jollygoose pls consider me smile

SylvanMuldoon Sun 30-Mar-14 12:41:07

I won a raffle at Xmas. My 'prize' consisted of three laminated pictures of Doris Day. One of them in a bikini. shock

Marylou62 Sun 30-Mar-14 12:58:53

Ooooh a 'worst raffle prize over' thread!! I am actually quite lucky and often win prizes...I won a day in an activity centre once and took a friend and 8 kids and absailed, and jumped off 25ft high platform, archery,...amazing! (but did just think we would be driving kids and sitting having tea whilst they did the scary things...! Any way enough boasting....my worst prize ever...drum roll....a bar of.... soap! Not nice soap either, just cheap supermarket bar.... cost me a pound too!

HappyAgainOneDay Sun 30-Mar-14 13:30:09

On a tombola at a fete once, I won a packet of out of date pizza mix.

pillowaddict Sun 30-Mar-14 13:39:43

My sister once one a 5ft stuffed panda, my parents must have been delighted! They let her keep it for about a year until it got donated elsewhere.

mrsjay Sun 30-Mar-14 13:45:52

oh dear grin I saw a woman die a little inside at a prize bingo when she won a golf lesson you could see her outwardly tut grin I was at a ladies do once and won a Candle a bloody candle the person on the next table won a designer handbag

mrsjay Sun 30-Mar-14 13:47:01

My sister once one a 5ft stuffed panda, my parents must have been delighted! They let her keep it for about a year until it got donated elsewhere.

My dd won a HUGE toy turtle in florida our bags were opened by customs blush

KurriKurri Sun 30-Mar-14 14:15:29

I live in a rural area - lots of people know each other, go to the same clubs/events etc. - there are raffle prizes that have been doing the rounds for years - as people win then re-donate the naff prizes to a different raffle.
I am currently the caretaker of the ever popular mirror glass photo frame (at least 3 previous owners), and I also had to give temporary houseroom to the world's most hideous porcelain faced doll - fortunately I managed to shift her on pretty quickly, as DD claimed she was 'cursed' grin - but she'll probably turn up again in a years time.

jollygoose Sun 30-Mar-14 18:32:29

it does sound like some of you have won some shockers. Bibiblocksworth if you would like to message me your details I would be glad to give it to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now