Talk

Advanced search

To miss being able to shower when I want to?

(16 Posts)
Wizardsleeveoh Sat 29-Mar-14 18:40:21

I have a 3 year old and an adorable 3 week old baby and I miss the days where I could waltz in the shower whenever I pleased.

Obviously I expected this but it's driving me insane!! I'm used to showering as soon as I wake up (7:30) before DS wakes but now it's hit and miss.

DH works really late and has a long commute so is up at ridiculous o'clock.

AIBU to miss the 'good ole days' of being able to shower whenever I bloody pleased and on a daily basis?

(I can't bring baby into the shower either.. no window so it gets really steamy and it's a downstairs bathroom that's facing the back door, so it's too cold to leave her outside the door with it open)

ikeaismylocal Sat 29-Mar-14 18:45:04

My ds loved it when I showered, we have a tiny windowless bathroom and I think it was the steam that he liked, I was told to sit in a steamy room with ds by a Dr on the childrens ward when ds had bronchiolitis so it isn't dangerous for them to be around showers.

We have a jazzy shower curtain with bright pictures of fish on it I hate it apart from it's entertainment value I think ds used to think he was watching tv.

Wizardsleeveoh Sat 29-Mar-14 18:53:28

Aww that's cute(your shower curtain and your DS thinking it was a tv) Mine is plain white though so no entertainment value there. I'll bring her in and keep the door open and see how it goes.

HowContraryMary Sat 29-Mar-14 18:56:11

I don't understand why you cant shower. Nothing will happen to the baby in a crib or cot for 5 mins.

FinallyGotAnIPhone Sat 29-Mar-14 18:59:23

Why don't you just leave the baby in the Moses basket and leave the 3 year old in front of the telly/ iPad. That's what I did?

gamerchick Sat 29-Mar-14 18:59:45

Well steam won't do them any harm but really stick baby in a safe place and go have a shower.

The world won't end if they cry for a bit.

TallRedhead Sat 29-Mar-14 18:59:52

I feel your pain I have ds 4 weeks old and 2 (3 in may) dd.

I am still in shock at how demanding having 2 is!

FinallyGotAnIPhone Sat 29-Mar-14 19:00:23

Oh and I used to get the 3 year old to be my "helper" and pass me the towel to make her feel important. Now she's almost 4 the novelty has worn off.

LadySnapcase Sat 29-Mar-14 19:16:24

I remember this with a newborn, though for me it was because I had pretty bad anxiety after the birth, and physically couldn't leave DS to cry because it made me feel sick and jittery. Just leaving him when he might possibly cry did it too hmm. I was probably pretty smelly for the first few months, but it was the least of my concerns! blush

Odaat Sat 29-Mar-14 19:22:38

I would bring dd in with me in her Moses basket and leave door ajar. She loved it.

Even now i shower with her crawling about in the bathroom - but I literally take 5 mins if this is the case, as she is into eveything!

If I need longer i leave her in her cot for 5 mins. Otherwise bath with them in the eve? I do with dd at times too. It's fun and gets the job done! However i can see how bathing with two woul be more difficult.

Wizardsleeveoh Sun 30-Mar-14 17:50:27

I've resorted to having a shower when they're both asleep at night. DH is home by 11 latest so he can keep an eye on her.

fuckoffbeaker Sun 30-Mar-14 17:53:13

Does she have to be watched 24-7?

it really doesn't hurt them to wait for a few minutes if you are busy

Picturesinthefirelight Sun 30-Mar-14 17:53:25

Stick the 3 year old in front of cheesiest & the baby in a cot.

No reason you can't bath or shower whenever you want to.

I also used a playpen.

normaleggy Sun 30-Mar-14 18:00:13

You wake up at 7.30? With a 3 year old and a 3 week old? Lucky you I say. Why not set your alarm for 7 and have a shower before they wake up.

normaleggy Sun 30-Mar-14 18:01:46

I also used to just put my dd in her cot with some music playing, she seemed happy with that and actually if she cried for 5 minute while I had a shower then no harm done.

Artandco Sun 30-Mar-14 18:07:54

Honestly just take them with you or leave outside whatever you prefer. When I had 2nd ds , ds1 was 15 months. Usually left ds1 playing brio in room next door and popped newborn ds2 in bouncer in bathroom. Ds1 would wander in and out or play, or sometimes join me in shower

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now