Talk

Advanced search

To feel a bit like I've lost the plot at times?

(7 Posts)
Chocoholism Sat 29-Mar-14 16:57:54

I have a young baby and I'm not depressed (just go with it that I'm not) as I don't really feel like this every day just a few days every few weeks I feel like I'm a shit mum, I feel like I'm going round the twist and I cry over silly things then look back and think what the flip was I stressing over? Is it unreasonable for new mum to occasionally feel bonkers? I do have a lot on my plate with a new baby, no real support from family only my DP, my DP is very supportive but really no experience in babies etc so we just wing it.

Smilesandpiles Sat 29-Mar-14 17:09:14

That's just parenting. You'll get used to it. The bonkers feeling then mutates into guilt. You will feel guilty for almost anything and everything.

You'll just have to join the club and learn to live with the madness. grin

Winging it, is all what parenting is really. As long as they are alive and healthy and happy at the end of the day - you are doing well.

Smilesandpiles Sat 29-Mar-14 17:10:48

When I say alive, I mean that you haven't killed them.

sugar4eva Sat 29-Mar-14 17:16:35

Yes for most people this is part of it - your life has changed and you may be playing catch up . What do u stress about ? Do u need a rant? Been there and continue to do so 17 yrs on ! ; )

RunDougalRunQuiteFast Sat 29-Mar-14 17:20:46

Reminds me of my early days with DS, no family around and I quite often thought I would go mad. Then he got older and DD came along, and I now think what on earth was I stressing about? As long as they're fed and clean and somebody they love is there, they are happy! Good luck, it all passes (and very quickly too).

daisydoo222 Sat 29-Mar-14 17:25:48

I've had nearly 5 years experience of parenting and I'm still just winging it. I think most parents are but I know it always looks like other parents know what they're doing but just remember they're just winging it too.

Have you got any other Mum friends? It does help as you realise just how normal your feelings and problems are.

It sounds like you've got a lot of stress and not a great deal of support. Try and get a bit of a break if you can. I know that's easier said than done but even just taking an hour or two out to have a bath, do your nails etc...it can just be what you need to make you realise that things aren't too bad after all.

Definitely agree with smilesandpiles - as long as you keep the kids alive that's the main thing. I recently saw this on Facebook that made me laugh...
All those Moms on Pinterest making rainbow spaghetti and homemade playdough...I'm all like ''I had a shower today and kept the kids alive, GO ME!!!"

Parenting is probably the hardest jobs and we don't have a guidebook. I'm sure you're doing a smashing job xx

CollieEye Sat 29-Mar-14 18:05:48

"Just a few days, every few weeks".

I could say the same. It's PMT in my case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now