Talk

Advanced search

To absolutely fucking hate...

(465 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MinnieMouse5678 Sat 29-Mar-14 14:33:45

...kids that squeal at the top of their voices for absolutely no reason than wanting attention!

And also their parents for not making them shut the hell up!

Im not talking babies or even toddlers, but young children just bloody squealing! Argh!!!!!! confusedconfused

pictish Sat 29-Mar-14 14:35:25

Depends on the circumstances. At the play park - yabu. At the cinema - yanbu.

CoffeeTea103 Sat 29-Mar-14 14:35:27

Yanbu, bloody brats. It's especially annoying when the parents turn the other way and can't be bothered.

MinnieMouse5678 Sat 29-Mar-14 14:35:52

I was in a supermarket. Not a park.

Bowlersarm Sat 29-Mar-14 14:36:13

YANBU. It's very annoying.

Wheresmysocks Sat 29-Mar-14 14:36:46

YANBU!

UriGeller Sat 29-Mar-14 14:37:57

Fair enough. That's up to you. But if you're a parent and you hear it a million times a day then you get kind of hardened to it, you might not be aware that it bothers other people. Also, having to listen to it a million times a day you might not care whether other people have to put up with it for a few minutes.

GiveTwoSheets Sat 29-Mar-14 14:38:24

Do you have magic answer to stop squealing as my 3year old very good at piercing my ear drums, the shut up doesn't work neither does the 'please don't do that darling it hurts mummy's ears and the lady giving evil looks and tutting doesn't like it either'

gamerchick Sat 29-Mar-14 14:38:32

How do you shut them up?

Onesieone Sat 29-Mar-14 14:40:50

I absolutely fucking hate judgmental pricks!
My son has Autism
And one of his Stims is to squeal at random times. I could lock him away so as not to offend individuals!

Tryharder Sat 29-Mar-14 14:44:33

What would you suggest, OP? A muzzle?

alladither Sat 29-Mar-14 14:44:41

Seriously fuck off. My ds with autism loves to squeal can't help it. Nothing I can say will stop it. What should I do lock him inside in case he offends you.

bebows Sat 29-Mar-14 14:46:33

Oh I cant stand loud kids

I grimaced at someone shrieking the other day and mother saw me and told kid to be quiet. Bloody brats

juneybean Sat 29-Mar-14 14:47:38

How would you propose I shut a squealing 2 year old who simply squeals louder if you ask her not to?

Onesieone Sat 29-Mar-14 14:48:18

Seriously OP! I'm waiting to hear how you and all those who agree with you suggest we stop our DC's from squealing?

LtEveDallas Sat 29-Mar-14 14:48:58

Trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt here - did you mean the screaming that 9 year old girls do when they see a bee...or Justin Bieber?

Because that noise really is an instrument of torture

(2 screaming 9 year olds in the house right now = Eve's ears bleeding)

elQuintoConyo Sat 29-Mar-14 14:49:09

biscuit

No, it's not my first, it's about my fiftieth, all given to eejits.

thornrose Sat 29-Mar-14 14:52:18

AIBU to absolutely fucking hate threads like this?

pictish Sat 29-Mar-14 14:55:49

Is this an attempt at stirring?
"I know...I'll post on Mumsnet and slate kids! God I'm hilarious...tee hee!"
Something like that?

HappyAgainOneDay Sat 29-Mar-14 14:55:50

I don't like top listen to hear this squealing. It's so highly pitched that it hurts my ears - because that's what high pitched noise does to those wearing hearing aids.

I told off some children screaming as we walked through a very quiet zoo (I mean not many people there) and they ran past us. Apart from those with hearing aids, what about the animals? The brats did quieten down though ....

RhondaJean Sat 29-Mar-14 14:57:21

I don't think op is talking about either 2 year olds or kids with special needs.

I know exactly what she means and she isn't being u.

It's not about small kids, over excited kids or kids who don't have the off switch. It is most common in girls but I know some boys who do it). And it is BLOODY ANNOYING.

howrudeforme Sat 29-Mar-14 15:01:45

To absolutely fucking hate?

Wow - a very hateful person?

thornrose Sat 29-Mar-14 15:01:48

If it's not about 2 year olds or kids with special needs or about small kids, over excited kids or kids who don't have the off switch who's left?

I go to supermarkets all the time and I never bump into these strange children who squeal for no reason!

sarahquilt Sat 29-Mar-14 15:20:56

YANBU. Squealing kids in the supermarket sets my teeth on edge.

taratamara Sat 29-Mar-14 15:37:16

YANBU they need to be made aware of other people otherwise they are being brought up to be very inconsiderate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now