Talk

Advanced search

To think the people I work with are pigs?

(22 Posts)
GiveItALashJack Sat 29-Mar-14 12:37:47

Everyone in the office was out last night at a leaving do. I wasn't, I am only new and I was in at 7 this morning. Slowly but surely they have all showed up for their varying shifts, some late some not. Thats fine, its none of my beeswax.

The office is tiny. It reeks of alcohol and I am sitting in the middle of the fug of it.

But one of them went in and PAINTED the sink the toilet and the bin with vomit!! She came out and told us all, everyone thought it hilarious even the boss. So ten mins later I run to the loo and the filthy wagon didn't clean it up properly! She flushed the loo, ran water through the sink but didn't clean around so they are speckled with sick and the bin is covered in it.

I came out and asked her to clean it and now everyone is whispering about me. I don't care about that yes I do but I AM NOT BEING UNREASONABLE AM I???

pussycatdoll Sat 29-Mar-14 12:41:02

God where on earth do you work ?
That is gross & they all sound like 18 year old students

ThisLittlePiggyStayedHome Sat 29-Mar-14 12:42:29

That is disgusting. You are SO not being unreasonable. And, for what it's worth, I love your name smile

gamerchick Sat 29-Mar-14 12:43:08

Na that's pretty vile.. poor bloody cleaner coming into work and having to deal with that.

Jolleigh Sat 29-Mar-14 12:44:54

She's a minger, YANBU on that front. But just how did you ask her to clean it that made the office start talking about you? Were you rather public and school marmish about it?

HarderThanYouThink Sat 29-Mar-14 12:45:00

Absolutely disgusting.

God, i am seething on your behalf angry

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 29-Mar-14 12:46:09

YANBU, and your boss sounds incredibly unprofessional, hence why the workplace is. Start looking for a new job.

SybilRamkin Sat 29-Mar-14 12:50:34

Yes, definitely start looking for a new job! They sound dreadful.

GiveItALashJack Sat 29-Mar-14 12:55:00

I was very nice about asking, I said it quietly to her, she is sitting behind me.. I said "listen, I don't know if you spotted it inside but there is still a bit of sick in the loo, just fyi if you want to clean it before X comes in!"(X is the cleaner and very cross in nature, you don't put a cup in the dishwasher, she will find you)

She said Thanks girl! all chirpy and I thought it was fine she obviously sent a pm through our system bitching about me, I went off to get a cuppa and could hear them through the door. they must be very drunk still if they cant notice that I am about three inches away from them, you cant swing a cat here!!

Its a call centre. AGAIN. I am too old for this shit but its the catch 22 situation, cant get a better job with out education. Cant afford the education!

GiveItALashJack Sat 29-Mar-14 12:55:37

Thanks Piggy <twirls about and shows off name>

HappyAgainOneDay Sat 29-Mar-14 13:47:05

When the others go to use the toilet or sink or bin, see what they say when they come back..

phantomnamechanger Sat 29-Mar-14 13:49:27

<boak> they are grim

Crinkle77 Sat 29-Mar-14 13:49:55

Surely they don't turn up every saturday like this? I presume it was a one off as they had been to a leaving do? Anyway you have made your point about the sick. Hopefully the cleaner will come in and give the girl a bollocking so you don't have to.

OnlyLovers Sat 29-Mar-14 13:51:17

YANBU, they all need to grow up and your boss needs to step up too.

As an aside, may I congratulate you on your use of the phrase 'the filthy wagon' grin.

GiveItALashJack Sat 29-Mar-14 14:06:20

I dont know if this is a regular thing, this is my first Sat here so I hope not! I am in here tomorrow too so I really hope its not a weekend event!

Clearly I am persona non grate here...I may as well be wearing a cloak of invisibility, they are going out of their way to ignore me now..not nice..and the manager sitting there!
I wish I didnt need this job, I can think of other ways to spend a Saturday.

emuloc Sat 29-Mar-14 14:30:04

I would not have said anything to her tbh and let the leaner deal with it

GiveItALashJack Sat 29-Mar-14 14:31:43

I said it cos I needed to use the loo. It was spattered with sick, I did not want to clean a strangers sick.

NigellasDealer Sat 29-Mar-14 14:33:34

"the filthy wagon" love it.
YANBU, Jack.

phantomnamechanger Sat 29-Mar-14 14:38:55

surely the correct response to puking at work is embarrassment and the desire not to inconvenience anyone else by leaving your mess about. Then again, look at the threads about phantom shitters in posh offices. There's nowt so queer as folk.......

bebows Sat 29-Mar-14 15:03:26

Have they driven in. Call the police and report suspected drink driving

daisydoo222 Sat 29-Mar-14 15:11:49

YANBU

A lady did this a few weeks ago. Puked in the toilets, attempted to clean it but did a bad job and told us all - she seemed to think it was funny but we all thought it was disgraceful for a 30 odd year old woman to come in to work unfit to work because of drinking the night before.

A few days later she was called for a meeting with HR and was told that she hadn't passed her probation period.

It's considered to be gross misconduct by most employers to be under the influence of alcohol or unfit to work because of alcohol.

We're paid a salary to do a job - not to spend our time puking in the toilets!

I'd be looking for another job if I were you, they sound like a bunch of wankers!

quietbatperson Sat 29-Mar-14 16:05:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now