Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed with DH about this?

(15 Posts)
Hedgehead Fri 28-Mar-14 23:58:44

DH and I arrange to spend evenings with our mutual same sex friends and to finish at about 10.30 and go home.

I'm having a great time with my friend until 9.30 when DH calls and says he wants to go home but he doesn't have a key. I apologise profusely to my friend, leave, and start driving back to let him in. While I am driving he says he is so cold he is going for another drink with his friend.

I get back to the house and wait for him to come home. He doesn't arrive til 10.30. He comes through the door and says actually he needs the car keys now as his friend is waiting downstairs and wants to be driven home. I point out that he wasted an hour of my time, he says sorry and says he'll be ten minutes popping his friend home.

It's now midnight and he is not back. I just called him and he says he's with his friend talking but heading back ASAP.

Am I BU for being fucking pissed off about my time being wasted and that he doesn't seem to give the same fuck about me as I do about him?

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Fri 28-Mar-14 23:59:58

Yanbushock

RhondaJean Sat 29-Mar-14 00:00:54

I'm presuming his other drink wasn't alcoholic?

Mrswellyboot Sat 29-Mar-14 00:01:38

Selfish of him. Thoughtless

BlueJean Sat 29-Mar-14 00:02:11

Why doesn't he want you to enjoy spending time with your friends?

YANBU angry

hashtagwhatever Sat 29-Mar-14 00:03:55

Selfish yanbu

Hedgehead Sat 29-Mar-14 00:03:55

His other drink wasn't alcoholic. I don't think he's been drinking at all actually, I just think he is bloody selfish and going with what he wants.

Thanks for replies.

I am trying to hold off exploding at him when he gets home.

randomfemale Sat 29-Mar-14 00:07:54

He is an Arse YANBU

AgentZigzag Sat 29-Mar-14 00:08:07

How often do you see your ('mutual same sex' have I missed where that's relevant?) friends?

How far away from your house do they live?

If it was a special trip and you don't see them often then he's more unreasonable than if it's not far down the road and you see them every week.

Although what would get me regardless of that is that he thinks you're at his beck and call, and what he wants to do is more important than anything you're up to.

But then you did agree to go and give him the keys, why didn't you tell him he'd have to wait or turn around and go back to your friends when he said he was having another drink?

He's more unreasonable though.

RhondaJean Sat 29-Mar-14 00:12:35

Sorry, just checking.

Yep he's been an arse. Only you know if it's deliberat or just thoughtless and times ran away with him. Either way he's an arse but I'd deal with both differently.

l12ngo Sat 29-Mar-14 02:26:05

He's been a bit of a dick. Probably not worth a massive row (you're annoyed enough) but he owes you, he needs to know he owes you and make sure he makes up for it.

TheBakeryQueen Sat 29-Mar-14 20:33:18

If I was your friend I'd be annoyed with you!

YouAreMyRain Sat 29-Mar-14 20:36:43

AgentZigZag - two friends, the OP has a friend the same sex as (presumably) her and her DH has separate a male friend.

They saw them on the same evening but in different places.

YouAreMyRain Sat 29-Mar-14 20:37:34

I guess she's emphasising they are same sex so we don't assume any shenanigans.

Moomey Sat 29-Mar-14 21:01:26

Do you have children? Is that why you arrange such a strictly timed regime each week?.... I think YABU. You are your own person, can't youu just go out again another night? You don't have to wait for him to come in, or call him to see where he is! Yes it's shit that you had to come home early as he'd forgotten his key but I'm sure he didn't forget it on purpose.

My DH had a friend who he has stopped going out with anymore as his DW would give him time limits to how long he could be out for... this was during day activities as well as evenings down the pub.... If he was lae she'd be calling him constantly. It's stifling, and ruins my DHs time out too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now