Talk

Advanced search

To want to work where the job advert and offer letter said I would?

(8 Posts)
ConfusedAboutEmploymentContrac Fri 28-Mar-14 18:40:41

AIBU? I have been offered a job, had all references checked, fulfilled all requirements etc. The company have written to me and told me the general location I will be based in (e.g. city A) which was the same as advertised. They have now changed the location to somewhere completely different, e.g. City B. There is no way I can get to the second location. They have hired a few new people and the others are all in City A.

As they have written to me stating I'll be in City A do I have a leg to stand on as I can't work in City B?

I really need this job but the company have told me I can't be in the original location, surely as the letter they sent me states I'll be in City A they have to honour that?

limon Fri 28-Mar-14 18:48:43

I can totally understand your feelings. But legally you have no employment rights so there's nothing you can do.

Nomama Fri 28-Mar-14 18:50:20

No idea. CAB for advice... quickly.

Goldenhandshake Fri 28-Mar-14 18:50:33

Did you sign a contract of employment that stated location was City A (with no mention of the need to work elsewhere when necessary?)

If you did, then they should issue a variation or amendment to contract in order to actually change that part of your terms of employment, which you would need to resign.

FloraFox Fri 28-Mar-14 18:57:43

Could it be a mistake?

ConfusedAboutEmploymentContrac Fri 28-Mar-14 19:20:52

It's not a mistake Flora, I've phoned and checked, I just don't know how they can do this to me? I have accepted the job, they've put in writing city A and then just changed their mind and won't tell me why I've been moved not anyone else sad

FloraFox Fri 28-Mar-14 19:32:36

Sorry sad that's so disappointing. Is there anyone else you can reach out to, like person who interviewed you?

MissDuke Fri 28-Mar-14 20:00:28

I believe they are within their rights, have you checked of there is a clause anywhere to say it might happen? Have you looked closely at transport options? How much further is City B? It does suck, such bad luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now