Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed when DH asks me a question

(17 Posts)
Brittabot Fri 28-Mar-14 18:14:20

And then yawns as I answer? When he calls from work he'll ask about my day and then as I reply he yawns (audibly).

I really don't give lengthy replies, I admit my day probably sounds quite dull but he asks me!! I think I'm also annoyed because he doesn't even bother to hide the yawn. I am grumpy today anyway though so maybe IABU, but I think it's rude. Should I LTB?

dexter73 Fri 28-Mar-14 18:17:58

Read this!

Snuppeline Fri 28-Mar-14 18:21:37

Hold,off on the LTB yet but definitively start yawning when he speaks. To mix things up leave the room whilst he is mid-sentence. That'll teach him!

dexter that is fascinating, although I have been yawning non stop since I read it smile

Brittabot Fri 28-Mar-14 23:54:29

dexter ah, so he's actually preparing to concentrate more on what I have to say...
I'll take that anyway (plus he came home with a bottle of wine so I don't feel quite as grumpy!)

AgentZigzag Fri 28-Mar-14 23:57:42

YANBU, he's being very rude, what does he say when you've told him he's being an arse?

If he knows it's rude but you don't think he's doing it on purpose and he still does it every time, has it just become a 'routine' thing? That he remembers he yawns when he's on the phone to you and that makes him yawn? Or that it's a time when he's switching off from work and that makes him do it?

I'm not sure the reason why we yawn has anything to do with it, it's considered rude to yawn, look bored, keep checking the time when you're talking to someone, just because your his DW doesn't mean he can treat you like that.

Someone I know asks questions when I'm talking to them face to face, and when I'm halfway through the answer they yawn right in my face hmm either that or ask, I answer, and they turn away and start talking to someone else! It's just so noticeable. I can't help but wonder whether they do it on purpose or just aren't aware, they do it to other people so I know it's not wholly me being tediously boring grin

AgentZigzag Fri 28-Mar-14 23:58:34

X-posts, he came home with wine?

YABU then grin

PPaka Sat 29-Mar-14 00:11:35

My H yawns when he lies
Makes sense I guess?!

AdoraBell Sat 29-Mar-14 00:20:34

My DH yawns when he's working on figures, now it makes perfect sense.

OP, came home with wine = DNLTB

HTH.

l12ngo Sat 29-Mar-14 02:10:35

If you're thinking of leaving him over this, I think there are more issues than just this but it is a bit bloody rude.

RedFocus Sat 29-Mar-14 06:53:22

What dexter pointed out makes sense to me. I'll be telling my dh that when I yawn every time he starts talking about the stuff which happened at work wink

aliciagardner Sat 29-Mar-14 07:02:50

Why on earth is it rude? If you need to yawn, it's almost impossible to stop it happening.

OP, I think iteans that your husband is tired. Nothing more. I would guess that anything else (like you thinking that he thinks what you're saying is boring) is not what he intends at all.

Only1scoop Sat 29-Mar-14 07:06:11

I'd just mirror his behaviour for a little trial.
Then I'm extremely childish smile

Eebahgum Sat 29-Mar-14 07:10:43

At least he asks about your day. I usually ask about his and then wait patiently and occasionally he asks back.

Joysmum Sat 29-Mar-14 08:58:29

Yawning is something we also do when releasing tension.

His yawns could be seen as positive because after stress at work, he gets to talk to you and get a bit more relaxed. It's a good thing.

So sad how people are quick to think the worst of their partners.

MargotLovedTom Sat 29-Mar-14 09:44:59

Well it could be worse - whenever I speak to DH on the phone, without fail, I have to hang up abruptly as I need to the toilet and not for a wee. This is without having had any urge to go to the loo before the call. Bizarre.

Brittabot Sun 30-Mar-14 12:41:31

margot I think I'd rather yawning then that!

I wasn't being entirely serious about LTB, and the wine on Friday and a good effort for Mother's Day have made me feel more tolerant of a few yawns!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now