Talk

Advanced search

Oh God the book has arrived so I can't put this off anymore! Has anyone tried the "Fat Burn Revolution" (Julia Buckley) ?

(11 Posts)
missingwelliesinsd Thu 27-Mar-14 22:02:52

I'm enjoying my last few days of laziness before starting the 12 week program in this book. I don't have the money for a personal trainer or to attend ridiculously expensive HIT (High Intensity Training) classes so I'm hoping to follow this program by myself.
Just wondering if anyone out there has tried this program and been able to stick to it alone? I don't have the best track record for exercising alone, I stick with things better when it's a group activity.
Sorry, this isn't a strictly AIBU topic.

BornFreeButinChains Thu 27-Mar-14 22:26:37

I have not tried it, but I wanted to say good luck, I am gearing up for excersise too before the summer!

MorrisZapp Thu 27-Mar-14 22:28:16

Body attack is high intensity interval training, and is available in most ordinary gyms. My council gyms are good and only a fiver a class, but I may be lucky with that.

penguinplease Mon 31-Mar-14 14:26:36

How are you getting on with this? I'm starting tomorrow, I have been following the facebook page and actually have had the book since it was published but its taken me this long to feel brave enough.
Results on the fb page are amazing, that has helped inspire me once and for all..

IdkickJilliansAss Mon 31-Mar-14 14:30:32

I do a HIIT class that is £5 a go, good luck! Why don't you start a thread in the exercise topic then you can get support/encouragement from others to help keep up your momentum smile

missingwelliesinsd Mon 31-Mar-14 22:46:00

Thanks for the feedback. I start this evening (I'm in Seattle so there's a time difference). I've managed to get my DH to commit to trying this with me (V. happy about this because he needs this program more than I do!)

I wish we had cheap council run classes here, instead my overpriced gym charges $20 per HIIT class on top of my membership and if I wanted to take at least 3 classes a week it gets ridiculous!

Keenoonvino Tue 01-Apr-14 09:39:14

I've done it! The results are amazing - go and find the Facebook page and join up. The support there really makes all the difference. And Julia is on hand to answer any questions or worries you have. Seeing other people's results are inspiring and when you're having a bad day you get the support you need to get up and do the workouts. I can't recommend it enough. smile

Sallyingforth Tue 01-Apr-14 09:44:18

Why is this beginning to sound like an advertisement?

lougle Tue 01-Apr-14 09:51:09

Sounds interesting.

It doesn't sound like an advertisement, sallyingforth.

sparechange Tue 01-Apr-14 10:45:30

I follow her on Twitter, and she is good at sending out motivating tips
I don't agree with some of the things she says (like running is bad for trying to lose weight. Rubbish!) but she is in amazing shape, so she must be doing something right when she works out!

missingwelliesinsd Tue 01-Apr-14 18:25:29

Sparechange - after reading her book there are a few things I disagree with as well. She is anti-milk which is a trendy opinion now, especially if you're a follower of the "Paleo diet." I think we have evolved very nicely to tolerate (and enjoy) milk so I'll ignore that bit.
She also recommends a daily multi-vitamin, when all the recent research is indicating that vitamins are pretty useless, poorly absorbed by the body and may even do harm (strong exception -pre-natal vitamins particularly folic acid, those are definitely good to take).

Anyway, done the first workout, survived and was very happy that it didn't take us more than 30 mins. The short but intense session lengths is one of the attractive features of this program.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now