Talk

Advanced search

To open MDay chocs now?

(6 Posts)
Marylou62 Thu 27-Mar-14 18:51:40

I was thinking (as you do).... I bought myself a box of chocs for MDay for my DH to give the DCs to give me. (because I was doing a weekly shop and they were Lily O'Briens and half price and you cant get them where I live.) I was going to put on the title..(lighthearted) I have had quite a day and all DCs away on Sunday so they wont know. But I was scared to post and actually deleted the thread. I bet I have people calling me an impatient, fat, greedy cow ( am all of these but not especially fat). I bet I get accused of supporting the large supermarkets to the detriment of individual chocolate shops. Shall I post or not?

Sparklingbrook Thu 27-Mar-14 18:55:18

Eat them. Eat them all. smile

You should not be scared to post on MN by the way. You are more likely to be flamed for the giving to DH for the DCs to give you than anything.

Just ignore and enjoy your chocolates.

BeverleyMoss Thu 27-Mar-14 19:00:02

Yes eat them, and then expect your DH to buy you more, you entitled princess, you.

( I am joking of course, you had to be there )

I bought myself a bag of giant choc buttons this afternoon and have scoffed the lot smile

Sparklingbrook Thu 27-Mar-14 19:05:40

It's win-win really because you get chocolates now and on Sunday if you buy some more. grin

Marylou62 Thu 27-Mar-14 20:01:18

Thankyou all of you! I am loving most of MN but as I hate confrontation in any form (probably cos I was bullied...a lot) I get really upset for some people who get more than they asked for. I just cant believe how some of the threads get so distorted. It is awful sometimes and I have often thought about leaving MN altogether...but it is strangely addictive and as I am out of work at the moment and bored bored bored and got terrible empty nest I enjoy the banter. I know I don't have to read but some times I open an 'innocent' thread and....cant stop reading. (although sometimes I have to!)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 27-Mar-14 21:00:48

Eat them (which ones were they? I bought some Lily O' Brien Crispy Hearts half price. They were individually wrapped and huge . Flipping yummy grin )

I bought my MD present yesterday and I'm well excited (because I am a sad git)

A Good Grips dustpan and brush.
And I've used it already.
Now if DH/DD/DS had bought me this lovely gift , they'd be wearing it (painfully) kebab style.
But I did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now