Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to ask DD's nursery if...

(7 Posts)
Elfina Thu 27-Mar-14 10:33:59

Any of them do overnight baby sitting? She goes to a very small nursery, so she knows them all. Would this be a really weird/inappropriate thing to ask the nursery? Really don't want to put anyone in an awkward position! No family nearby and no friends I'd trust overnight ;)

spongebob13 Thu 27-Mar-14 10:36:53

all u can do is ask. don't see the harm.

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Thu 27-Mar-14 10:37:34

My DS's nursery staff are happy to babysit for us in the evenings. It's not inappropriate to ask if anyone would be interested.

Goldmandra Thu 27-Mar-14 10:41:19

Some managers and owners refuse to allow this because they feel it blurs the boundaries or they think they will be at risk if the employee does something wrong.

The best thing would probably be to approach the manager and ask if they have a policy about it first.

edwinbear Thu 27-Mar-14 10:43:51

dd's and ds's nursery were very open about the staff providing babysitting services. In fact we had a rota of 3 of them collecting the children from home, including getting them out of bed and dressed, and taking them to nursery and then bringing them home again for 6 weeks whilst I recovered from an operation. It worked really well, I trusted the staff, the children knew them, the staff were grateful for the extra money and I didn't have to employ a temporary nanny at double/triple the cost.

Only1scoop Thu 27-Mar-14 10:47:18

Elfina....we did this.

Both myself and partner very occasionally are both away overnight with work.

Dd key worker who she adores occasionally does an overnight....normally a weekend.

The nursery manager was great about it but asked us to sign a 'disclaimer' type form.

I hope you manage to get some help.

mrsjay Thu 27-Mar-14 10:49:13

a SEN assistant used to do baby sitting when one of my dds were in nursery I never used her but least the parents and children who did use her knew her, you can always ask

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now