Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be really peeved about this?

(4 Posts)
Ponyphysio Wed 26-Mar-14 20:10:02

Had soome work done by a joiner a few weeks ago. When he was working here he left a lethal looking circular saw in our dining room (accessible by 2 yr old DS). I put it in the garage, and told him it was in there. He finished the job and left without taking it, and I reminded him by text the following day that it was there, and to let me know when suited to collect it. I got home this evening and found tools gone from our garage - he has obviously found our "secret" hiding place for the key and taken his stuff. I feel a bit bleugh about the idea he's just wandered in without saying. AIBU??

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 26-Mar-14 20:12:22

I'd be pretty angry about it. Unless you'd had an arrangement previously where he was allowed to let himself in, there's no way he could have thought this was ok.

MunchMunch Wed 26-Mar-14 20:15:57

While he was doing the work for you was he ever left home alone? No excuse tbh but maybe he thought you'd be ok with him being there by himself. The fact he's searched for a spare key and let himself in without any prior arrangement would piss me off. YANBU

BuggarMeGently Wed 26-Mar-14 20:32:35

I'd be pissed that he even left the tool in reacg of your DS! This happend to us a few weeks ago: some twunthorse from the council left an open stanley knife on our sofa! :@. Hope you're ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now