Talk

Advanced search

To be surprised by how much d&v a 5 year old can produce?

(9 Posts)
Snowwhite22 Wed 26-Mar-14 02:12:51

Dd has had d&v since 9pm. She is being sick about every 15 minutes. I've done 2 loads of washing and still have another load to do. She's exhausted and I want to sleep now, pleeease. How much longer can this go on for?!!

ElleBellyBeeblebrox Wed 26-Mar-14 03:27:33

I just wanted to say I feel your pain, 4yr old and ten month old here who had it over the last few days (and passed it on to me!) we put towels under and over our bed sheets and let them sleep in with me (DP on sofa!) so I could keep an eye on them both. It sucks, I really hope she's better soon. If it's any help I think dd's vomiting was over about eight hours, so hopefully she'll get it out of her system soon. Lots of little sips of water and a duvet day today. Fingers crossed for you x

ElleBellyBeeblebrox Wed 26-Mar-14 03:28:40

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2035193-Please-tell-me-tonight-will-go-quickly?msgid=45968733#45968733

My thread from the other night!

Snowwhite22 Wed 26-Mar-14 09:06:54

Thanks for your reply, we passed out about 4am! There must be a nasty bug going around coz I've never known it so bad. She's asleep now, going to have a duvet day and watch films. I'm hoping I can sleep too but all I keep thinking about is who's turn is it next....

LuciusMalfoyisSmokingHot Wed 26-Mar-14 09:09:24

I feel your DD's pain, its amazing how much the human body can hold.

Snowwhite22 Wed 26-Mar-14 09:47:01

She was so scared, I kept saying it will be over soon. But it seemed to go on forever! Didn't know a little body could hold so much.

LuciusMalfoyisSmokingHot Wed 26-Mar-14 10:15:19

Word of advice, get those replacement drinks for her, to replace anything shes losing via D and V.

When my DD was younger, she had a very nasty bug, she couldnt keep anything down, she then had 4 fits, fucking terrifying.

Doctors think its because her glucose and other things were so low, her little 2 year old body couldnt cope, now at the first sign of D and V, those drinks come out.

Snowwhite22 Wed 26-Mar-14 11:08:03

Thanks for the advice. She hasn't kept any water down at all. Been asleep since 8.30, will see if I can get her some of those drinks smile

londonchick Wed 26-Mar-14 13:12:17

Give her around 20mls of fluid every 15 mins to start with. Nothing more, even if she's really thirsty and begs you. If you can't get hold of dioralyte/rehydration drinks then just start with water and move onto very weak squash to help with sugar levels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now