Talk

Advanced search

Working on Mother's Day...again...

(8 Posts)
froggydoo Tue 25-Mar-14 22:17:51

I work in a team of 5 colleagues. We all work 12 hour shifts but only one of us is on at any time. It's a 24/7 pattern - so we work day / night / weekends.

I am the only woman, ergo the only mother. And I am working Mother's Day AGAIN. I did it last year and the year before that. In fact I've worked it every year since I became a mother 8 years ago.

It's not deliberate, just the way things have worked out. And it's v hard to change shifts so I'm stuck with it now.

AIBU to be pissed off. I just want to whinge really....

Sirzy Tue 25-Mar-14 22:19:09

Why not book a days holiday for next year then if you want to guarantee it off?

ENormaSnob Tue 25-Mar-14 22:23:29

Im on a long day sun too.

Only ever had md off when i was on mat leave.

Not a big deal imo.

hiddenhome Tue 25-Mar-14 22:39:30

I always work it too. I always forget to request it off.

Tbh, I don't really mind 'cos the others don't do anything to celebrate it anyway, so I'd only be reminded that I'm missing out if I was at home.

alseb Tue 25-Mar-14 22:40:19

I am on nightshift. Hoping for breakfast in bed when I get in, before 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Some chance!

Lilliput Tue 25-Mar-14 22:50:22

On the plus side alseb the clocks change on Saturday night so you'll be working one less hour on your night shift!
I am working all weekend too hmm

wobblyweebles Wed 26-Mar-14 00:30:25

Meh I'd rather have Christmas off, or a sunny day in the summer.

MidniteScribbler Wed 26-Mar-14 01:07:02

Your colleagues have mothers too. Or a wife and children. Just because you are the only woman doesn't mean that others don't want to spend the day with their families.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now