Talk

Advanced search

To think that any thread which starts "I'm a first time poster but here is my unbelieveable drama which I have come here especially to post," should *always* be treated with suspicion?

(76 Posts)
wannaBe Tue 25-Mar-14 17:00:45

Seriously, anyone going through something so completely unbelieveably shocking isn't going to be looking for some random internet forum to post it, look for the right category, etc etc...

Yes - referring to the troll thread from earlier which was fairly quickly deleted.

Seriously wtf are people so gullible?

GertTheFlirt Tue 25-Mar-14 17:04:49

TBH we all read MN at work in down times - as far as Im aware I am the only registered user. So who is to say, lurkers, if acquiring a problem, wouldnt register and post a problem of their own.

That in its self negates the coment 'NC, naice ham, pombears' and twattery bollox that the universe has been reading, if not joining in with for years.

blanchedeveraux Tue 25-Mar-14 17:07:43

Dunno. I've been accused of making my own thread up and I'm not a first time poster and it wasn't a big "problem" thread. Seems like some people cannot comprehend other folks have different views to them on varying subjects and call "liar" and "troll" at the first opportunity.

Forgettable Tue 25-Mar-14 17:10:26

Hah I was thinking earlier how OPs began:

In the olden days - JF, T and K, red rug references

Then the Middle Years - SWMNBM, dizzymare, The Xmas of Ten Thousand Burnt Turkeys, wnaky baskets

Now - Penis beaker, pom bears,penguin bloke

Ho hum

EatShitDerek Tue 25-Mar-14 17:11:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cocolepew Tue 25-Mar-14 17:13:07

Was the troll thread the husband and the brother one?

CloverHeart Tue 25-Mar-14 17:15:05

Absolutely! Penis beaker is always my default when I NC

wannaBe Tue 25-Mar-14 17:16:25

yep, obvious troll from the outset...

WaitMonkey Tue 25-Mar-14 17:19:06

Not fair. I missed the troll thread. sad

Slh122 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:19:45

Sometimes I think it's obvious. However I've been using MN for a year now and despite having a lot of posting history, I was accused once of making a thread up when I posted an AIBU about someone refusing to give me a seat on the train when I was heavily pregnant.

Forgettable Tue 25-Mar-14 17:20:28

Wannabe, I hadn't clocked it was you as the OP.

Sorry for all the acronyms in my previous post.

Not very observant of me, or very inclusive either.

Note to self: Think before posting.

iklboo Tue 25-Mar-14 17:20:41

Aw I missed it!!

usualsuspectt Tue 25-Mar-14 17:21:57

It's always obvious.

wannaBe Tue 25-Mar-14 17:23:36

lol forgettable I've been here for ever and ever and am used to all the acronyms by now - screenreader just has its own unique pronounceation of some of them grin

Forgettable Tue 25-Mar-14 17:25:09

Nice one, screenreader.

SanityClause Tue 25-Mar-14 17:33:37

What about Terry Wogan's cock? Shouldn't be mention that to give our announce our MN antecedents?

SanityClause Tue 25-Mar-14 17:34:34

*we

Sparklingbrook Tue 25-Mar-14 17:41:21

Nobody ever mentions 'river of sweetcorn' these days.

LtEveDallas Tue 25-Mar-14 17:44:41

Now rivers of sweetcorn was my first every proper LOL at a computer screen. I'd definitely use that one as my 'NCer and not a troll' disclaimer grin

member Tue 25-Mar-14 17:49:56

YANBU - off course there are exceptions to practically any rule, but I'd treat such posts with scepticism! Didn't see troll thread earlier though.

AlpacaLypse Tue 25-Mar-14 17:53:50

Anyone care to spill what I missed while out and about earning my living? Pretty please?

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Tue 25-Mar-14 18:01:48

Yanbu I was wondering about the guy and brother one too if its that one.

AnyFucker Tue 25-Mar-14 18:04:09

It wasn't the first time poster status of that DH/bruv thread that marked it out as bollocks, it was the crappy and cliched feel of it IMO

Cocolepew Tue 25-Mar-14 18:05:10

Ha! I knew it <sleuth>

oh bum I missed it, tell me what it was about pleeeeese smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now