Talk

Advanced search

to tell the postman I had been working this morning when I opened the door at 11.30 in my pyjamas

(18 Posts)
kim147 Tue 25-Mar-14 11:53:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheBody Tue 25-Mar-14 11:54:41

bollocks to they. never apologise, never explain grin

he will think you are a lazy cow anyway and lying ha ha.

CrushingCandies Tue 25-Mar-14 11:56:14

Doubt he noticed.

When I go to the door and if I'm a bit bed raggled I just carry ds, easy explanation blush

Fontofnowt Tue 25-Mar-14 11:58:43

Our postie has just asked my DP (who answered the door in his army uniform because he hasn't been arsed to go to work yet)
'Is that real?'
Meaning is his army uniform real.....

Thankfully DP avoided his usual sarcasm and witty reply.

BeverleyMoss Tue 25-Mar-14 11:59:18

that's a funny place to have a door..

<ba dum tish>

CocktailQueen Tue 25-Mar-14 11:59:46

lol, Font -what did he think you are DP were doing? Dressing up? grin

Kim - I often do that - I work from home -and the postie never bats an eye.

MyNameIsKenAdams Tue 25-Mar-14 12:01:21

I answered the door to the postie at about noon when 39wks pg in my dressing gown. I had been in bed. He said "ahh do you work nights?" No. Im just bloody exhausted heaving this giant stomach arpund all day!

HappyCria Tue 25-Mar-14 12:05:00

I opened the door in a towel once after jumping out of the shower. I didn't think anything of it until I saw the look of horror on the poor posties face blush grin

Fontofnowt Tue 25-Mar-14 12:09:16

Aye I think our postie is optimistic.
He must think we have kinky Tuesday dress up time.

Not scratching balls on sofa Tuesday.

TheAwfulDaughter Tue 25-Mar-14 12:12:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Pregnantberry Tue 25-Mar-14 12:28:17

I do it sometimes to workmen if they come round. Post men shove the parcel at me and leave anyway so they don't seem to notice.

Wish I had kinky Tuesday dress up time...

BEEwitched Tue 25-Mar-14 12:31:20

Don't do it! I've been signed off work since October, we moved into our new house in November, and because I haven't been able to go out much and there was Christmas/a baby/the new house to buy for there was a period of lots and lots and lots of parcels.

It took me months to get over feeling sheepish about it, oh, and the agony when he said "another day, another parcel for yous!", I wanted the floor to swallow me up.

Not worth the while, in reality he doesn't care, and if he does, it doesn't really matter.

fluffyraggies Tue 25-Mar-14 12:40:33

I have a 'happy chatty' parcel delivery guy. DDs and I shop online a fair bit so have 2 or 3 parcels a week to take in.

He's got overly familiar though, and once, when i opened the door in my dressing gown/wrap thing at mid day (i'd been about to have a shower) he looked me up and down in a lechy sort of way and said something like oooh, am i disturbing you?

hmm

i felt horrid about it for ages and wont answer the door to him at all now.

Burren Tue 25-Mar-14 12:52:40

I'm a writer who works from a study at home, so our postman is used to seeing me pulling anguished faces through the window, walking around the house in my socks when I'm trying to think something through etc.

On the other hand, when we had workmen in putting up shelves in our old London flat, they were clearly baffled that me walking around in my socks, frowning and making cups of tea before going back to my desk, counted as a 'job'.

Idocrazythings Tue 25-Mar-14 13:38:26

burren you do wear more than just socks though? Don't you??

JonSnowIsAProperLover Tue 25-Mar-14 13:44:03

I have no shame either.

I work nights and am frequently in pajamas during the day.

I also have a house-bunny who likes to groom me so I have two big sweatshirts I wear around the house for that purpose which are both full of holes where I've been groomed.

I get a few hmm looks when I answer the door.

weebairn Tue 25-Mar-14 13:49:04

I always feel the need to point out when I've been working nights!! and attempt not to kill him for waking me up And in the early days with the newborn I used to carry her to the front door of the flats with me just so he'd know why I was in my pjs grin

Burren Tue 25-Mar-14 13:50:37

Yes, fully clad! They are amusing multi-coloured Icelandic socks, though. They are my Writing Socks, and if anything happened to them I would be blocked forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now