Talk

Advanced search

To ask for help for dd and friendships

(9 Posts)
moldingsunbeams Tue 25-Mar-14 09:39:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dippydaisy1 Tue 25-Mar-14 09:47:25

I would suggest that you speak to this awful child's mother for a start. Never invite her to your home again. Then speak to the teacher so she can monitor the behaviour and encourage your daughter to find new friends for you to invite over. Good luck.

wheresthelight Tue 25-Mar-14 09:52:37

young girls can be evil!! I second dippy about speaking to the mother and to the teachers so that they are aware of it and definitely stop facilitating the friendship outside of school as this awful brat will keep seeing it as a reward.

As for your daughter's DF - what an utter shit to forget her birthday! No wonder the poor child is distraught at school - hope she is ok OP

MomOfTwoGirls2 Tue 25-Mar-14 09:54:27

That was so very mean. I would definitely let her mom know. After that conversation, I would also talk to teacher.
I would not have that child on play date or sleepovers anytime soon.

Nanny0gg Tue 25-Mar-14 09:56:01

Confused.
Are there two mean girls? The supposed 'friend' and the class 'bully', or are they one and the same?

I would be in to see the teacher straight away, but I don't think speaking to the mum will help. In my experience that just makes everyone defensive.

Can you encourage the others? Invite them for play and sleepovers?
Will your DD be going to secondary school with these girls?

moldingsunbeams Tue 25-Mar-14 09:59:01

BarbarianMum Tue 25-Mar-14 09:59:28

Definately talk to the teacher - that is very mean.

Tell your dd you will not support this 'friendship' anymore and explain why.

I'd also buy the book 'Bullies, Big Mouths and So Called Friends' and share it with your dd.

moldingsunbeams Tue 25-Mar-14 10:01:21

moldingsunbeams Tue 25-Mar-14 10:03:13

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now