Woman on train watching tv with no headphones

(17 Posts)
halfwayupthehill Mon 24-Mar-14 23:41:07

I have asked her to, she won't. Aibu?

Confuseddd Mon 24-Mar-14 23:43:03

YANBU. She is a selfish bag face

Forgettable Mon 24-Mar-14 23:44:36

It is terribly rude of her

I think you could try tapping the seat to the Terminator theme stylee, or a bit of tuneless humming, or how about reading this thread our loudly. Hur hur.

justanuthermanicmumsday Mon 24-Mar-14 23:45:32

If you're not alone talk loudly with friends she won't be able to hear anything

Whatdoiknowanyway Mon 24-Mar-14 23:47:36

Very rude. I had a woman listening to music on her phone without headphones. I asked her not to, she stared at me and said, ok, once I've finished listening to this song. It wasn't even particularly memorable music, more musak than anything special.

halfwayupthehill Mon 24-Mar-14 23:48:17

I have asked her again. She has now stopped. I guess most people just deal with it by turning up their own headphones. I was at the pub recently and at next table family were watching two different devices with no headphones.

tulipsaredelicious Mon 24-Mar-14 23:52:27

She's a bitch obv. You could always sit beside her and start a running commentary on what she's watching.

ilovesooty Tue 25-Mar-14 00:56:06

It's rude. There were two people on the train on the next table to me today listening to music with no headphones. I asked them to turn it off. At first they saidyes but didn't do so. They complied at the second time of asking but I did have to be a bit more forceful.

Suzannewithaplan Tue 25-Mar-14 01:23:39

I remember a woman listening to music without headphones in the gym a while ago, I got my revenge when we happened to be in the ladies and she was making a phone call.
Very loud hand drier, I used it for ages so she couldnt hear a thing grin

C3P0 Tue 25-Mar-14 01:36:22

Train manager will put her in her place

Whowouldfardelsbear Tue 25-Mar-14 03:44:24

This happened to my DH. He just played the Birdy Birdy Woof Woof song from Peppa Pig loudly for about 30 seconds from his Iphone and they soon stopped.

runawaysimba Tue 25-Mar-14 04:06:10

When I was on the maternity ward before having DD I had a roommate who watched Twilight on her iPad without earphones. Luckily I had my own headphones and the Gilmore Girls box set or there would have been carnage.

samandi Tue 25-Mar-14 09:31:15

Fairly commonplace these days. Astonishing, but sadly not that rare. And no, the ticket inspectors generally don't care. I like tulips suggestion though :-)

angelos02 Tue 25-Mar-14 09:33:36

What an utter cunt.

Finola1step Tue 25-Mar-14 09:37:12

Rude. Very rude.

SauceForTheGander Tue 25-Mar-14 09:41:19

This is why I can't risk commuting again. I'd turn into Michael Douglas in Falling Down or have a stroke.

I work from home and just get annoyed with myself for faffing on mumsnet or for my untidy house <connected issues>

MrsDavidBowie Tue 25-Mar-14 11:45:11

If she was watching Line of Duty you could have told her who did it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now