Talk

Advanced search

Another poo thread

(20 Posts)
mygrandchildrenrock Mon 24-Mar-14 21:12:25

Following on from another thread (is that allowed on mumsnet? I'm a fairly new poster) WIBU to get annoyed on holiday when my adult dd asked me to make the only loo in the caravan a non poo loo? She wanted everyone to go to the public loos instead. confused
What got me was that I had paid for everyone to come on holiday together and was being told I couldn't use the loo when I wanted for what I wanted.
I refused to do as she asked and everyone, except her, used the caravan loo as they saw fit. grin

supermariosmum Mon 24-Mar-14 22:51:42

Are you on about a static caravan or mobile?
We have a mobile caravan and have never ever used the loo for anything other than a wee!! It was one of the things we were told by every caravan owner we have ever met just because it's such a nightmare to empty and clean if it's anything other than liquid in it!!

SallyMcgally Mon 24-Mar-14 22:55:54

I think I'm with your DD here, unless it was a really posh caravan with a fabulous loo and v thick doors. Sorry. ( but I think I'm a bit precious about it, so maybe wait for some other responses.)

ThefutureMrsTatum Mon 24-Mar-14 22:59:43

Yabu- small space, kitchen always next to the loo, sitting roon 10 feet away and not much more than cardboard separating the crapper from the family. Poo down the road a bit.

PansOnFire Mon 24-Mar-14 23:49:04

YABU.

tulipsaredelicious Mon 24-Mar-14 23:50:56

But what if it's first thing in the morning or the middle of the night? It's only a smell and it will go away...

C3P0 Tue 25-Mar-14 01:39:25

You know how on travellers' sites they all have a brick out house next to the pitches? Do you think they maybe know a thing or two about living in caravans?

NoodleOodle Tue 25-Mar-14 01:54:01

So much poo angst, who'd a thunk it!

mygrandchildrenrock Tue 25-Mar-14 18:45:49

It was a posh mobile home, permanently sited with a flushing loo.
As tulipsaredelicious says, it's only a smell and will go away...!

What happened to the old saying 'he who pays the piper calls the tune' (showing my age there!), I had paid for the holiday for everyone and was surprised to be asked not to poo in the caravan!
Maybe next time I issue holiday invites I should indicate where pooing is allowed, so we can have the poo conversation before the holiday starts.

(There wasn't this much fuss when we hired a villa in Florida that had 4 loos!)

fluffyraggies Tue 25-Mar-14 18:51:23

I can understand your DDs point of view personally.

However ''i paid for all this, so i can do what i want'' is obviously your POV and isnt likely to change.

Topseyt Tue 25-Mar-14 18:54:46

I would never agree to any loo being a "non-poo loo", especially if it was a properly plumbed in and flushing toilet. A bit of smell won't last long and will dissipate quickly without killing her.

I would have told her that she could go and poo in the public toilets up the road if she wished, but that the rest of you would be using the toilet in your accommodation for the full purpose it was intended for.

WottaTheOdds Tue 25-Mar-14 18:56:07

However ''i paid for all this, so i can do what i want'' is obviously your POV and isnt likely to change

Bit harsh! I can see the DD's pov (and it is largely for this kind of reason that I eschew caravan/boating holidays) but not everybody has total mastery of their bowel movements.

But yes, I think OP has a fair point: if her DC don't like it they can take their sweet smelling shit elsewhere!

mygrandchildrenrock Tue 25-Mar-14 19:01:08

It's not obvious my pov won't change. You can't do 'tones of voice' in a message.
I was surprised to be asked not to let anyone use the caravan loo for a poo, and have been just as surprised by the responses saying I was BU. However I did post asking for opinions and am happy I got some.

PuppyMonkey Tue 25-Mar-14 19:02:07

Have had many a caravan hol like this and shat in every single one of them. The loos, I mean. They all have windows to open IME so why not? wink

MN and poo. Weirdest opinions on the internet.

fluffyraggies Tue 25-Mar-14 19:03:45

May seem harsh, but OP's mentioned it twice now. That she paid for everything.

To me that seems the main 'thrust' of the issue.

fluffyraggies Tue 25-Mar-14 19:05:46

x posts. (slow typing - one free hand)

so has your POV changed? wink

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 25-Mar-14 19:08:14

But the 'I paid for it' is a bit like 'My house - my rules' - isn;t it?

I know nothing about caravans, but I can't imagine telling my mum not to shit in a loo if she'd paid for the holiday. So, OP, IMHO: YANBU.

DumbleDee Tue 25-Mar-14 19:10:31

It's only poo. We all do it. Yanbu

mygrandchildrenrock Tue 25-Mar-14 19:17:39

No, fluffy but I now don't think my DD was being as unreasonable as I did at the time! wink
At the time I thought she was joking, it took me a few minutes to realise she was being serious.

WottaTheOdds Tue 25-Mar-14 19:18:01

I take your point raggies but tbh if I was were footing the bill I would shit where the fancy took, too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now