Talk

Advanced search

to be feeling a bit chicken?

(5 Posts)
JackAubrey Mon 24-Mar-14 21:11:14

I'm due with DC3 on August 23. We have planned for DH to take DD5 and DD3 to his parents overseas 2-9 August to give me 1 week off before the new arrival.
BUT. they were away 1 night this week and I missed them stupidly. Plus I'm beginning to be a bit weird about the possibility of early labour, despite both previous girls being on time. This one has the potential to be more complicated because of a DVT during pregnancy.
SO a week reading novels in the sunshine before the hellish sleeplessness, vs the certainty of missing my DDs terribly and the possibility of early labour... Lovely DH says its entirely my call. I can't decide. You decide for me, ladies....

JonSnowIsAProperLover Mon 24-Mar-14 21:14:23

Awww, have your family home with you.

Can your DH get some time off to help you so you can still have as bit of a holiday, just with them as well.

Have a house holiday. Get some nice food and some boxsets and chill out.

smile

Thewildsofnarnia Mon 24-Mar-14 21:16:36

Have your girls with you.
The break sounds lovely but you aren't going to enjoy it are you?

Make sure you get some rest at home though.

JackAubrey Mon 24-Mar-14 21:28:24

My DH will be off work; It's supposed to be a bit of a break for him too, as he's working 3 weekends of every month at the mo. The idea is his parents will look after the girls, while he goes off and does his hobby for a bit. (Not knocking this btw, it was my idea. He really has been working stupidly hard and I'm worried about him) If they're all here, I'll feel guilty if he does all the childcare, because he really needs a break too. I

BUT.. I'll miss their little faces in the morning!!

Catsmamma Mon 24-Mar-14 21:34:29

i'd pack 'em off

the only thing to worry is the early labour really, and yes you missed them now, but in august you'll be the size of a house and they will be on holiday and will be Getting On Your Nerves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now