Talk

Advanced search

to want my sodding parcel!!!

(6 Posts)
SquirrelNuts Sun 23-Mar-14 20:20:32

Was out when postman came on thursday, when I got back in the evening the red note thing says my parcel is with neighbour I knocked but no answer, I've knocked several times a day since but I don't think they're in.
The sorting office is a 2 minute walk for me so why on earth did they take it in presumably knowing they'd be away all weekend I could have got it myself friday.
For some reason it's really irritating me!

Janethegirl Sun 23-Mar-14 21:18:25

My neighbour takes my parcels in, then if he's going out leaves them on my door step, he's a real muppet as I may be on holiday or away with work. So the parcel gets wet, if I'm lucky, or stolen if I'm not.

PhallicGiraffe Sun 23-Mar-14 21:20:52

You need one of these:

public.datasquirt.co.uk/cscommsroyalmail/forms/Delivery%20to%20Neighbour%20Opt-out

Posties aren't psychic.

Janethegirl Sun 23-Mar-14 21:26:05

My post man is no problem, it's the other delivery companies that's the problem. The postie knows who or where to leave parcels. And I've told the neighbour NOT to accept parcels then leave them on the front door step just because there may be a vehicle on the drive.

Boiing Sun 23-Mar-14 21:30:13

Put a note through their letterbox apologising for missing them so many times and asking when you can have parcel - or give them an evening to leave it.

Pipbin Sun 23-Mar-14 22:00:01

I had a delivery chap knock on the door once wanting me to take a parcel for a neighbour. I told him that it would be fine, but I was about to go out and wouldn't be back until the following day, so could he find someone else. He really argued the toss and pretty much was about to force me to take it when the neighbour came back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now