Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to make DP go in the garden?

(29 Posts)
AuroraSim Sun 23-Mar-14 18:41:28

This is lighthearted kinda, I've not been well lately. Headache, sick, fatigue.

Dp comes home from work and proclaims he needs the loo, quite frankly he stinks. Blocks the toilet so no amount of me muscle will shift it, and leaves a horrid 'art' work at the bottom.

I wouldn't normally mind but I spent the best part of an hour scrubbing away in there earlier today, he's been at work he could have gone there.

WIBU to make him go in the garden?

pictish Sun 23-Mar-14 18:43:12

What? You want him to shit in the garden rather than in the toilet?

Are you kidding? Is this a ha ha ha thing I'm not getting?

FunkyBoldRibena Sun 23-Mar-14 18:45:16

Why isn't he cleaning it out? Surely you clean your own crap once you are able to?

NurseyWursey Sun 23-Mar-14 18:47:44

He should clean up after himself surely? My DP does and he has horrendous ones

AuroraSim Sun 23-Mar-14 18:48:20

It's lighthearted, he has since been in the toilet.

But it bugs me because he is incapable of cleaning up after himself.

FabBakerGirl Sun 23-Mar-14 18:50:47

No he isn't. He just thinks it is your job.

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Sun 23-Mar-14 18:51:42

I could not and would not be with a man who did not clean the toilet after him. hmm

lottiegarbanzo Sun 23-Mar-14 18:53:39

He's not incapable, he just thinks you deserve to clean his shit.

brokenhearted55a Sun 23-Mar-14 18:59:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

puppadompreach Sun 23-Mar-14 19:13:12

Can't you just tell him that you're not there to clean up after him like some stinking animal, and give him a death stare and the Mr Muscle?

BobPatSamandIgglePiggle Sun 23-Mar-14 19:14:56

He's not incapable. You're allowing him not to.

threads on here are never lighthearted

whomadeyougod Sun 23-Mar-14 19:16:41

incapable of cleaning up after himself ? or just knows a mug will do it .

dammitsue Sun 23-Mar-14 19:18:54

Nothing more annoying than a woman lightheartedly allowing herself to be a doormat.

Sallyingforth Sun 23-Mar-14 19:19:08

That really is intolerable, and you shouldn't.
You should not be expected to clean up his shit.

MostWicked Sun 23-Mar-14 19:42:43

He is more than capable of cleaning up after himself, but why would he, when you seem more than willing to do it for him?

Ilikepancakes Sun 23-Mar-14 19:44:41

I would go mad if my DP did that - why do you clean up his s**t?! That is disgusting.

whois Sun 23-Mar-14 20:41:38

I don't understand why he hasn't cleaned it himself? Is he visually impaired? Doesn't have any hands?

That day DP leaves his shit for me to clean up is the day if walk out. Total disregard for you as a person.

TwittyMcTwitterson Sun 23-Mar-14 20:43:56

This is quite funny. I've just gone in the bathroom and there's a little present for me! I can't wait to take the piss out of him!

Tell him to clean it himself. If he doesn't, he should go where all the other animals go... The garden wink

boohissgetoffstage Sun 23-Mar-14 21:05:12

My man has crohns. And no matter how bad it gets he always cleans it up when the toilets blocked or dirty. Says I shouldn't have to clean his shit off the loo, and so does little mini cleans.

although I do clean the toilet every week anyway

Jolleigh Sun 23-Mar-14 21:11:50

The best part of an hour scrubbing the loo? He must have left it in a sorry state of affairs for it to have taken that long!

Tell him to clean his own crap.

Famzilla Sun 23-Mar-14 21:12:04

DH has IBS. I have never once seen a skid mark on the loo. I don't want to look at his shit. I certainly would never clean it (unless he became physically incapable of doing so himself). Have some self respect woman!

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 23-Mar-14 21:15:20

Clean it with his toothbrush

maras2 Sun 23-Mar-14 21:19:09

You do realise that in a normal relationship this scenario just would not happen ? FFS has he no pride ? Disgusting .

ICanSeeTheSun Sun 23-Mar-14 21:26:48

When DH does this I pass him the bleach and loo brush < I think I may be the only MN who owns a loo brush>

Jolleigh Sun 23-Mar-14 21:27:42

I own a loo brush grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now