Talk

Advanced search

to think Breaking Bad left too many unanswered questions? (Spoilers)

(20 Posts)
losercruiser Sun 23-Mar-14 12:07:22

You never found out why Walt sold his share to Gretchen and Elliot?

You never found out about Gus's history.

What happened to Brock after his mum was killed?

What happened to Saul?

Why did Marie steal and was this ever addressed and resolved?

And lastly, what happened to Jesse? Of course happy that he escaped but what was he going back to? His parents had disowned him, Jane, Walt, Mike and Andrea are now all gone. He was already going through one breakdown.

nothruroad Sun 23-Mar-14 12:17:17

I thought Walt had a fling with (or maybe just crush on) Gretchen and so he sold his share to keep distance between them.
Didn't we find out about Gus in the flashback scenes where his partner was shot by the guy with the bell?
Not sure about the rest though.

MsMarvel Sun 23-Mar-14 12:26:11

Marking place because would like some answers to these, especially the Marie stealing one.

jusdepamplemousse Sun 23-Mar-14 12:26:59

I think Jesse had said something at one point in the series about heading to Alaska to start afresh?

So I think he's there. And safe and well and with a family (and getting regular therapy).

jusdepamplemousse Sun 23-Mar-14 12:28:50

Think Marie was just neurotic generally to an extreme, and bored, and this was how it manifested. I thought it was interesting how she was able to step up when the pressure was on and she and Hank grew stronger as a couple, whereas the opposite was true of Skyler and Walt.

sleepnowplease Sun 23-Mar-14 12:42:35

There's going to be a spin off featuring Saul. Think a lot of your questions will be answered there.

nothruroad Sun 23-Mar-14 12:47:39

I wonder about Jesse's younger brother - do you think he went down the drugs road too?

Collaborate Sun 23-Mar-14 12:49:17

The Saul series is called "Better Call Saul" and will be available on Netflix in the UK. Don't know when though, or whether it'll be a prequel or sequel to BB.

oldgrandmama Sun 23-Mar-14 12:49:46

I love Saul. I want to adopt him!

sleepnowplease Sun 23-Mar-14 12:58:09

Just found out 'Better call Saul' is a prequel so won't tie up the loose ends. Sorry

losercruiser Sun 23-Mar-14 13:02:07

Just found out 'Better call Saul' is a prequel so won't tie up the loose ends. Sorry

Yeah was about to say.

I'm not sure if I'll watch it though anyway. I'm thinking it might be like the Joey spin off from Friends.

RhondaJean Sun 23-Mar-14 13:05:41

It's kind of the point though isn't it, to have some unanswered questions so that you fill in the gaps yourself?

The flashback with Gus, there is an implication the cartel don't kill him because of his family or background there, but the story is never told. It makes him more menacing I think, Hannibal lecter was better with just hints at his back story and nessa in Gavin in Stacey as well!

Dwerf Sun 23-Mar-14 13:08:46

I thought Walt sold his share because he needed the money and didn't realise his former company was going to be so successful.

Brock probably ended up in care, though I'd like to believe Jesse went back for him.

StrangerintheNight Sun 23-Mar-14 13:21:57

The pacing of series 5 was erratic to say the least, with massive jumps in time which we'd never had before. The two main things they skimmed over that I wanted to see more of were:

How did Walt get out of the business so easily in episode 8? There must have been some complications and repercussions with Lydia and Madrigal, but we didn't see any of it.

What happened to Skylar for however long Walt was up in New Hampshire? We know where she ended up but it would have been good to see a little more of her story.

In answer to one of your hanging questions OP, Brock did have a Grandmother who looked after him even before Andrea was killed, so I think he would have gone to live with her.

Believability was never BB's strong point so I don't really care what happens to the various characters outside the series; they're just not real enough to me.

Clairesafatgirlsname Sun 23-Mar-14 13:22:11

I think Brock probably went to his Nan, but I like to think Jesse picked him up on his way to Alaska smile

Collaborate Sun 23-Mar-14 13:23:32

I thought the last scene of Gus was superb. The thought of "blimey, he's survived it" then......

losercruiser Sun 23-Mar-14 13:38:01

Looked up the quote that Gretchen says -

You left me. Fourth of July weekend, you and my father and my brothers. And I go up to our room and you are packing your bags. Barely talking. What, did I dream all that?

Walt also talks about Gretchen and Elliot cutting him out.

It's just never expanded upon.

StrangerintheNight Sun 23-Mar-14 13:58:05

Walt's clearly not a team player. He hates it whenever Skylar tries to get involved with the car wash or the drugs trade, and only tolerates Jesse when he's a subordinate and 'does what he tells him'.

There's no way he'd ever have had the temperament to start a business with Gretchen and Elliot. I'm sure they didn't cut him out at all.

losercruiser Sun 23-Mar-14 15:23:09

There's no way he'd ever have had the temperament to start a business with Gretchen and Elliot. I'm sure they didn't cut him out at all

Possibly but like I said it's not expanded upon - ever.

I agree with you about Jesses, but with Skylar I think it was more he didn't want her involved because of the enormous risks involved.

mindthegap01 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:36:38

Jesse needed adopting so hes come to live with me. He's off the drugs and eating lots of fruit and veg, and is generally doing much better. He's even got himself a legitimate part time job as a chef - I'm very proud of him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now