Talk

Advanced search

to ask if anyone speaks Polish?

(17 Posts)
Macocious Sat 22-Mar-14 22:09:47

I really want to make this cake. Is there anyone who can translate the recipe for me or is that incredibly cheeky?!
recipe

Meow75 Sat 22-Mar-14 22:11:14

Have you tried Google Translate?

chesterberry Sat 22-Mar-14 22:13:10

Sorry no, but you can probably get a reasonably decipherable translation from translate.google.com/

Macocious Sat 22-Mar-14 22:13:54

I did think of it, but things tend to get translated way too literally sometimes and not make complete sense. I could give it a go I suppose!

EBearhug Sat 22-Mar-14 22:14:53

Google translate says this. Parts of it are probably more entertaining than helpful...

Honey cake with nuts

Delicious honey cake postponed plum jam and delicate mass of semolina, and on top of crispy, honey walnuts. This cake just in time for Christmas. The dough should prepare 2 - 3 days before Christmas, because ginger has to relax. After this time, gingerbread with nuts is very soft, well cut, not falling apart. With the given portion goes ginger 9x27 cm, quite high about 10 cm.

HONEY CAKE
25 grams of flour + 3 g of flour for pastry board and hands farrowing during wylepiania dough into the mold
1 teaspoon baking soda oczyszcoznej
10 grams of margarine
10 grams of granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon honey (I gave flower honey, bee, nectar)

NUT CAKE
10 grams of crushed walnuts
5 grams of sugar
6 grams of margarine
1 tablespoon honey

WEIGHT semolina
1.5 cups of milk
4.5 tbsp semolina
22 grams of granulated sugar
18 grams of butter

12 tablespoons plum jam

The recipe for the dough: Heat the milk and honey to rozpuszcenia and connect the two components , stirring frequently , cool . For the pastry board , mix the flour with the baking soda . Add margarine and chop into small pieces with a knife . Add the sugar and egg . Then pour przestudzone milk with honey and knead the dough . Divide into 4 parts . Rectangular mold ( 9x27 cm , the bottom of the mold ) baking parchment paper and Wylepić 1 part dough ( thin cake rise about 3-5 mm) . Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 15 minutes ( I baked 12 minutes) . The other two parts of the dough baked in the same manner . If you have 2 identical oblong molds , then I suggest you immediately prepare two cakes and bake in the oven together .
The fourth part of the cake Wylepić mold and set aside ( we are waiting for the mass of walnut ) .
Recipe for peanut mass : In a skillet , over low heat melt the margarine with honey and sugar. Add walnuts broken into pieces of similar size and fry all the time on low heat for about 5-7 minutes, or until margarine, honey and sugar will form a sticky mass, and the nuts will thoroughly mixed. The hot mass put on the fourth , dough and bake in preheated whole piekarnku about 15 minutes ( I baked 14 minutes ) at 180 degrees F. cool .

The recipe for the mass of semolina: Boil the milk in a saucepan, add the semolina and sugar. Cook over low heat until the mixture thickens, occasionally stirring the porridge is not burnt out. Allow to cool. Soft butter mixer until light and fluffy, add a spoonful of cereal and mix thoroughly, at the end of a short mix.
Translating: The form of baking parchment paper and put one cake, smear 4 teaspoon of jam and 1/3 the weight of cereal,
then 2 cake, 4 teaspoons of jam and 1/3 part of the meal,
then 3 cake, jam and other porridge,
at the end of four cake with nuts, whole can press lightly.
The dough aside in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 days to softened or leave in a cool place (and the pies are soft, cake store in the refrigerator).

NigellasDealer Sat 22-Mar-14 22:15:44

if your browser is chrome it will translate the page for you. nonetheless i could not resist google translate;
"Delicious honey cake postponed plum jam and delicate mass of semolina, and on top of crispy, honey walnuts. This cake just in time for Christmas. The dough should prepare 2 - 3 days before Christmas, because ginger has to relax. After this time, gingerbread with nuts is very soft, well cut, not falling apart. With the given portion goes ginger 9x27 cm, quite high about 10 cm.
HONEY CAKE
25 grams of flour + 3 g of flour for pastry board and hands farrowing during wylepiania dough into the mold
1 teaspoon baking soda oczyszcoznej
10 grams of margarine
10 grams of granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon honey (I gave flower honey, bee, nectar)

NUT CAKE
10 grams of crushed walnuts
5 grams of sugar
6 grams of margarine
1 tablespoon honey

WEIGHT semolina
1.5 cups of milk
4.5 tbsp semolina
22 grams of granulated sugar
18 grams of butter

12 tablespoons plum jam
alnut: In a skillet, over low heat melt the margarine with honey and sugar. Add walnuts broken into pieces of similar size and fry all the time on low heat for about 5-7 minutes, or until margarine, honey and sugar will form a sticky mass, and the nuts will thoroughly mixed. The hot mass put on the fourth, dough and bake in preheated whole piekarnku about 15 minutes (I baked 14 minutes) at 180 degrees F. cool.
Boil the milk in a saucepan, add the semolina and sugar. Cook over low heat until the mixture thickens, occasionally stirring the porridge is not burnt out. Allow to cool. Soft butter mixer until light and fluffy, add a spoonful of cereal and mix thoroughly, at the end of a short mix.
Translating: The form of baking parchment paper and put one cake, smear 4 teaspoon of jam and 1/3 the weight of cereal,
then 2 cake, 4 teaspoons of jam and 1/3 part of the meal,
then 3 cake, jam and other porridge,
at the end of four cake with nuts, whole can press lightly.

NigellasDealer Sat 22-Mar-14 22:16:23

grin bearhug you beat me to it

Macocious Sat 22-Mar-14 22:17:01

Bloody hell. I don't think I'll risk making this cake! Maybe need a better recipe. Quantities seem really strange - 22 grams of granulated sugar?!

Also ...
"The recipe for the dough: Heat the milk and honey to rozpuszcenia and connect the two components , stirring frequently , cool ."
What??

Macocious Sat 22-Mar-14 22:18:46

Right. Let me rephrase my question. Does anyone have a good, reliable recipe for Polish honey cake with the crunchy walnut topping?
Maybe it's a long shot but it's soooo delicious.

chesterberry Sat 22-Mar-14 22:20:20

Alternatively if you're not set on using that exact recipe there are lots of recipes for miodownik/ Polish honey cake in English you might be able to use:
magdascauldron.com/2012/12/honey-cake-miodownik.html#.Uy4Lrvl_srU
nourish-mag.com/index.php/recipe/pastries-baked-goods/item/103-honey-miodownik-cake/103-honey-miodownik-cake
atlantickitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/multilayered-honey-cake-for-valentines.html

frogslegs35 Sun 23-Mar-14 03:45:24

kurwa mać!!! < That's me swearing in Polish smile

I speak and can read Polish pretty well but that site had me bloody confused.

I can tell you that the cake in the link above (Magda's cauldren) is lovely.

www.tastespotting.com/tag/honey+cake
This is in English too.

Koalagone Sun 23-Mar-14 07:05:25

It says "Heat the milk and honey until the honey dissolves (means mixes together), with constant stirring, then cool." The 22g is also icing sugar, not caster sugar.

If you still want to translate the whole thing I can easily do it, it's not that odd a recipe, Google Translate just butchered it. The magda's kitchen recipe is basically very similar, just a few small changes.

Koalagone Sun 23-Mar-14 07:07:34

The biggest one is that the Magda one is actually walnuts, whereas the Polish recipe is hazelnuts.

BaldHedgehog Sun 23-Mar-14 07:10:22

Dag is an abbreviation for decagram which is 10 grams.

Macocious Mon 24-Mar-14 10:47:57

Thanks for all the replies everyone! If the Magda's cauldron recipe has already been tested then I might just go with that one. Yum.

antimatter Mon 24-Mar-14 10:56:19

wrong translation by google 1dkg= 10g
http://convert-to.com/conversion/weight/convert-dkg-to-g.html

I can also translate it
It is delicious cake!

antimatter Mon 24-Mar-14 10:56:29

convert-to.com/conversion/weight/convert-dkg-to-g.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now