Talk

Advanced search

It's funny how you're not bothered about going out on a Saturday night. Until you can't.

(12 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Sat 22-Mar-14 18:35:28

Bloody hell. It's going to be a long night. Nothing on the telly and just my own company. I never particularly liked Saturday nights out even when I was 17. I always preferred a Thursday night at my local gay club and a Friday night at my alternative club dancing to Sisters of Mercy or The Cramps. I never was a Saturday person. Not tonight though. I'm climbing the walls. All my london friends are on dates and my Norhern friends are in Yorkshire probably getting ready to go to their social.

EatShitDerek Sat 22-Mar-14 18:36:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pipbin Sat 22-Mar-14 18:38:14

Mumsnet party time. wine cake

Lighthousekeeping Sat 22-Mar-14 18:41:22

I think it's because I work a lot of weekends so I'm lost when I actually have them off.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 22-Mar-14 20:15:58

I think I'll open the gin.

Pipbin Sat 22-Mar-14 20:27:17

Gin, I heard somewhere that Clarrisa Dickson Wright drank 6 pints of g&t a day!

EatShitDerek Sat 22-Mar-14 20:28:15

Lighthousekeeping Sat 22-Mar-14 20:29:37

I know. Where have they gone? I don't think I could go dancing tbh.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 22-Mar-14 21:05:54

Damn I thought I was in chat!

StrawberryTartYum Sat 22-Mar-14 21:13:11

I'm the same tonight! Before getting pregnant with DS I was either working (in bars) or out on a Saturday night ... for me its a combo of facebook (seeing folks plans) anf shit telly. And cant have a drink cos Im breastfeeding. Feel wistful and like Im missing out! I hate the weekends for that now but during the week I'm so happy with my new life!

sparklyskyy Sat 22-Mar-14 21:21:04

I am in the same boat tonight... Currently defragging my laptop and wishing it would hurry up so I can defrag another hard drive.

Jesus H Christ. I used to have a LIFE! shock.

EatShitDerek Sat 22-Mar-14 21:26:06

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now