Talk

Advanced search

to feel anxious when my DD is in other people's cars?

(6 Posts)
MyNameIsKenAdams Sat 22-Mar-14 14:21:14

And im not there and she is in other people's carseats. Maybe im just a bit obsessive confused but it just doesnt feel right.

im not saying these people arent good drivers, or that my driving is better, just that being on the road is dangerous and at least if she is in my car she is with me and I can be there if anything goes wrong.

Just sent dd off with MIL and I just feel all tense sad and before anyone says it, its not because its MIL. Id feel like that over anyone. Any car.

She will be home teatime (and I will be at work so hopefully that will distract me).

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Mar-14 14:23:34

YANBU, I remember that feeling.

It's totally natural, yet still unnerving

IWillOnlyEatBeans Sat 22-Mar-14 14:24:24

I feel the same way! I hate my children travelling without me. I know it's unreasonable, and I obviously let it happen, but it does stress me out.

Tiredstilltired Sat 22-Mar-14 14:45:23

Yes totally agree. Makes me feel very anxious

Mumof3xx Sat 22-Mar-14 14:47:09

I always feel like this

It's a horrible feeling

Piscivorus Sat 22-Mar-14 14:49:48

It is horrible, I was always like this when mine were small but can I just warn you it gets worse when they are teenagers and either drive themselves or go with friends who drive them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now