Talk

Advanced search

To ask the bloke on the bus next to me to turn down his music??

(8 Posts)
sparklyskyy Sat 22-Mar-14 13:33:22

I can hear it word for word and I have an hour until we will be getting off...

I'm all for a bit of eminem but I'd rather listen to it out of choice than have it forced upon me on an otherwise peaceful bus journey...

ikeaismylocal Sat 22-Mar-14 13:35:32

I wouldn't if I were you, you will have to sit next to him for the next hour, best not to have a frosty atmosphear. Just look out of the window and think about something nice.

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Mar-14 13:37:03

No problem at all

"Excuse me, would you mind turning that down a little please?" along with a friendly smile.

DorisAllTheDay Sat 22-Mar-14 13:54:43

Do it. Make sure you catch his eye as he might not be able to hear you. And then, "Could you please turn that down a little bit' with a smile, and thank him when he does. I often ask people to turn their music down and I've seldom had a refusal. Sometimes people do a grudging 'Don't see why I should' (which I think is for face-saving) but they do it anyway, and I smile and thank them as if they hadn't been ungracious. I think overloud leaky headphones have become so normal that people don't realise how much they may be disturbing others.

specialsubject Sat 22-Mar-14 14:22:47

moving is easier. If not possible, ask him to turn it down. You may have to use sign language as he is damaging his hearing.

the ipod generation are all deaf.

MissingTheMountain Sat 22-Mar-14 14:25:31

I wouldn't mind being asked to turn my music down - I try to keep it quiet enough that no-one else can hear, but it's not always possible to tell, so I don't mind being asked.

I'd prefer it to be done nicely, though!

SarahAndFuck Sat 22-Mar-14 14:27:40

Start singing along, then nudge him a bit, smiling all the time, and say "Join in!" and "Sing Up!" and "Oooh I love this bit!" and then start making Slim Shady hand gestures.

He will move.

sparklyskyy Sat 22-Mar-14 14:31:42

Ha ha ha, I love that idea Sarah. Damn it, wish I'd thought of that! grin

I had a snooze and getting off shortly so haven't had to endure it too much I guess...

I like to think I'm more considerate when wearing headphones! I've left mine at home today. Typical.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now