Talk

Advanced search

To think we all should brag too?!

(14 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Fri 21-Mar-14 23:28:38

I see parents and their children everyday. (As I'm sure you all do too.)

This one can count to fifty.
This one can somersault.
This one can read an adult newspaper aged five.

That's normal to hear I'm sure.

Today.. 'My DD is an amazing singer, she's the best, she's the most beautiful, she's so cute... None of you get it because you don't have a child as special as mine! Honestly, look at her, she's exceptional....' (etc)

Is it stupid to be annoyed to hear this all the time without saying something brilliant about your own DC? I want to shout from the rooftops that she walked / ran / spoke etc..

But actually, I could brag!! She knows her alphabet.. She called me her 'bets friend', she had a test shoot for vogue bambini (went nowhere!)...

Do you just listen to other parents, or do you brag too?

What's the reasonable etiquette grin

EatShitDerek Fri 21-Mar-14 23:31:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

curiousgeorgie Fri 21-Mar-14 23:32:52

From the top of the stairs?!! grin

The cleanup must've been epic wink

Leggingsandtrainersnonono Fri 21-Mar-14 23:33:30

EatShitDerek Fri 21-Mar-14 23:37:31

WussyPillow Fri 21-Mar-14 23:44:11

I do the opposite and talk down my toddler ie 'no she didn't just say dodecahedron, she said chips' because she's so advanced I don't want to make everyone feel bad grin

WussyPillow Fri 21-Mar-14 23:48:27

One mother I knew gave me a monthly 'word count' of how many words he DS could say. So many times I wanted to day, 'meh double that and add 20 AND she's three months younger'

WussyPillow Fri 21-Mar-14 23:49:42

To balance things, she was the last to walk out of every baby we knew - oof there I go again!

EatShitDerek Fri 21-Mar-14 23:53:03

CailinDana Fri 21-Mar-14 23:53:57

People tend to praise my children. So then I praise theirs. I know they're being nice but it's boring.

EatShitDerek Fri 21-Mar-14 23:56:09

trappedinsuburbia Fri 21-Mar-14 23:56:28

Just smile knowing that only your kids are yhe best.

EatShitDerek Fri 21-Mar-14 23:57:12

wobblyweebles Sat 22-Mar-14 00:37:24

'My DD is an amazing singer, she's the best, she's the most beautiful, she's so cute... None of you get it because you don't have a child as special as mine! Honestly, look at her, she's exceptional....'

Someone actually said that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now