Talk

Advanced search

To think that people that use self service tills should

(117 Posts)
Charlie97 Fri 21-Mar-14 22:01:16

A. Not scan, put all there stuff on other side, pay and ONLY then pack

B. Have a speed test, if they can't find bar code within certain amount of seconds, then they are not deemed fit and proper to use self service tills

C. Should not be allowed to let children scan items really slowly, whilst fighting their siblings for whose turn it is

Or should I just use the real person serving aisle?

This is light hearted! grin

ICanSeeTheSun Fri 21-Mar-14 22:03:49

d) not have any age restricted items e) have no tags to be removed F) card payment only.

BrokenToeOuch Fri 21-Mar-14 22:04:28

Oh god, I hate incompetent fools that can't follow basic instructions and fuck these machines up! IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT!
Scan.
Pack.
Scan.
Pack.
Or else - just fuck off grin

(I'm not a total bitch, but this is one of those things that winds me the fuck up! Though I mostly only silently fume)

Mouldypineapple Fri 21-Mar-14 22:05:15

I think those machines should be blown up. I hate them!!

tripecity Fri 21-Mar-14 22:05:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cotherstone Fri 21-Mar-14 22:06:32

Use the real person grin

I always get in a pickle because I pack my shopping in the bottom of the pushchair, so I have to pile it up and then whack it under the pushchair while getting increasingly stressed by the queue.

I use the real person most of the time...

Joules68 Fri 21-Mar-14 22:06:35

I work the damn things! 8 hour shift today on them

Biggest problem is indulgent parents letting kids scan items ( the tills are not for children!) and parents letting their child climb on the scales!

weeblueberry Fri 21-Mar-14 22:07:20

During peak times (after work and all day at weekends) there needs to be a time limit. If you take too long to scan something or haven't bagged in time someone slaps you into a shopping trolley and pushes you away without your stuff.

Oh and create a special jail in store for people who take bloody trolleys into the self service area. envy

AllBellyandBoobs Fri 21-Mar-14 22:09:37

Oh dear. I let my 3 year old scan things, she loves it. Only when there is no queue though, and from the safety of the trolley seat.

I'm feeling ashamed of myself

Cotherstone Fri 21-Mar-14 22:11:55

If there's no queue that's fine, I'd do the same.

Piscivorus Fri 21-Mar-14 22:12:18

There should be a lower and upper age limit. Not only are children annoying on it but we live in a retirement area and, believe me, elderly people can cause chaos!

Once you have seen elderly ladies trying to scan in slow motion, while saying "Oooooh, isn't it clever!" after every beep and not understanding why packing it into a shopping trolley confuses things you realise that incandescent with rage while in the queue is not a good state to be in grin

kim147 Fri 21-Mar-14 22:12:39

grumpalumpgrumped Fri 21-Mar-14 22:13:00

Off topic but how comes coop self scans work so well but morrisons are awful?

FudgefaceMcZ Fri 21-Mar-14 22:13:29

Oh god that was you behind us in Tesco, wasn't it?

kim147 Fri 21-Mar-14 22:13:52

I let the DCs help if there isn't a queue, one scans one packs, I hover and pay, it's very efficient.

It's people with trolleys blocking the neighbouring till and those that chat to the assistant while they scan that give me the rage.

grumpalumpgrumped Fri 21-Mar-14 22:15:34

Morrisons - don't buy any light items it upsets the machine.

Bloodyteenagers Fri 21-Mar-14 22:15:57

My child scans and i pack.

kim147 Fri 21-Mar-14 22:16:34

weeblueberry Fri 21-Mar-14 22:16:50

OMG the Morrisons ones are utter utter shit. And for some reason the staff get really pissed off with you when you bugger up the scanning. And yet everyone buggers it up because they're different to every single other shops' ones. And the bags are miles away from the scanny thing.

The rage...

squoosh Fri 21-Mar-14 22:17:13

I nearly imploded with rage yesterday waiting for a self scan till. Some idiot scanned a trolley full of items, really slowly, paid for said items really slowly and then packed their bajillion items really slowly. She sped up when she caught sight of my hmm face.

Baskets only at self scan you twazzocks!

Owllady Fri 21-Mar-14 22:17:25

I do A BECAUSE it takes so long for someone to cone and say you are
CLEARLY OVER TWENT FIVE
YOU OLD FUCKER
feck sad

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 21-Mar-14 22:17:26

I do A blush. Because I almost always have my own bag with me and whenever I try and use the "I have my own bag" function I end up in a groundhog day situation of "unexpected item in bagging area". I'm (almost) sure it's quicker to dump everything straight on the scales and then sweep it all into my bag afterwards.

Have been known to let the kids swipe, too. Sorry. They are quite big though and I take over if they are keeping anyone waiting.

ScarletStar Fri 21-Mar-14 22:17:31

I was in a tiny Tesco store that catered mostly to students one night and watched two young foreign students trying to use the machines. They were causing mayhem. grin One girl didn't realise she'd left her textbooks on the packing bit so of course the machine kept shouting about an incorrect item IN THE BAGGING AREA over and over. Despite this she kept trying to scan items and was totally bewildered that nothing was happening. They were using two machines between them for one shop...poor guy behind the real tills had to come over and help them despite it being a very busy Friday night (I was in there for wine!) Then I watched them trying to figure out how to put the money in...

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 21-Mar-14 22:17:51

Can't see why kids can't use the scanners. They're faster than most adults.

I hate the people who have to pack everything "just so". I also hate the people who think that everyone in front of them is slow and moronic, yet can't work the fucking things themselves..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now