Talk

Advanced search

Wig hair

(7 Posts)
HappyAgainOneDay Fri 21-Mar-14 14:00:03

AIBU to want to know how to donate my hair when it's long enough to a wigmaker to help someone who's lost his/her hair through chemotherapy? Has anyone done this before?

Patchouli Fri 21-Mar-14 14:01:16

I know some people who have gone throughout 'the Princess Trust'

HappyAgainOneDay Fri 21-Mar-14 14:08:00

Thank you. That's a good route to take but isn't it just for children? What about adults? Anyone know?

I have lost a good few friends through cancer and have another two in the offing. Unfortunately, wigs will not come into it there but there must be other adults in need.

Oooh and I had an aunt who lost her hair through steroids in the 1980s so it's not just cancer....

JonSnowIsAProperLover Fri 21-Mar-14 14:11:28

DS wants to cut off his waist length hair in the Summer before he starts secondary school.

I mentioned to him about donating it and he likes the idea.

We'd also like to know.

I think he'd want it to go to another child though.

gordyslovesheep Fri 21-Mar-14 14:31:31

lots of information on Google

www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-help/about-cancer/cancer-questions/hair-donation-and-wigs#donate

lessthanBeau Fri 21-Mar-14 14:47:42

awww how lovely, I have a bald mum through chemo and radio therapy so this makes my heart smile xxx

her hair was her crowning glory , but she has some lovely synthetic wigs now, but nothing like the real hair ones, god bless you.

EverythingsDozy Fri 21-Mar-14 14:57:29

I donated mine via the little princess trust. They sent me a certificate and it made me feel really good! I think cancer research accepts hair donations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now