Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be pissed off with Work?

(5 Posts)
blink87 Fri 21-Mar-14 12:10:39

I've recently been struggling at work. I've worked there for 6 months and not had any annual leave because there was no availability and during my work reviews I have been told to book annual leave to rest and ' recharge'.

The Rota has been released for April and I have booked a week off and then a weekend at the end of April off as I swapped with a manager so she could have a weekend I booked in June off to go on holiday. The week I booked off started on the Sunday for seven days but I noticed I was put to work that Sunday even though I am meant to be traveling for my holiday that day, and the weekend I booked I haven't been granted off because of staffing levels.

I feel like I have been taken advantage off considering I swapped it for a manager. AIBU or are they?

DoJo Fri 21-Mar-14 12:40:09

YANBU - you must be allowed to take your annual leave, and if you are being accommodating to other people then they should try and make things easier for you. Have you confirmed that they knew about your booked leave and have ignored it, or could it be an oversight?

blink87 Fri 21-Mar-14 12:56:08

they haven't even followed their own procedure to tell me I couldn't take it as annual leave, but I doubt it is an over sight because it's been changed so that I'm still working the weekend but different times.
It really annoys me because I have worked and been accommodating to everyone for six months with no leave and Now I feel I'm getting screwed over constantlysad

wineforthelady Fri 21-Mar-14 13:03:08

Sounds bad and also if your financial leave runs 1st April - 31st March as ours does you may have potentially lost the holiday you've accrued (if we don't take ours we lose it).

I would be putting it all in writing to your line manager and mention the letter will be going further if nothing is done to resolve the issue.

wineforthelady Fri 21-Mar-14 13:03:47

*financial year not leave.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now