Talk

Advanced search

...to think if you don't actually want feedback don't bloody ask for it!

(9 Posts)
K8Middleton Fri 21-Mar-14 10:50:42

This is winding me up because I've just spent quite a long time giving feedback (as a favour) on something I happen to do a lot at work and got a patronising, disinterested reply.

Even if the feedback is crap/has missed the point it's still polite to say thank you and that you will consider it? obviously my feedback was brilliant! wink

Why do people ask for feedback if they don't actually want it? Grr.

WolfMoon Fri 21-Mar-14 14:43:33

YA sooo NBU.

I have a friend who will literally berate you for your opinion, and then gets unbelievably huffy if you dare to give an answer different to the one she wanted. Drives me nuts! If you ask my opinion on something, I'm not going to lie to you. Grrrh.

LaGuardia Fri 21-Mar-14 15:52:26

So you want feedback for your feedback confused

K8Middleton Fri 21-Mar-14 16:01:28

No I don't! A thank you would be nice.

I just don't like wasting my time.

NadiaWadia Fri 21-Mar-14 16:46:09

It's like online shopping sites who ask for a review after you have bought something. But if you say anything negative, guess what the review doesn't appear on the site.

weeblueberry Fri 21-Mar-14 16:48:13

Totally agree with this. People often send me their CVs to look over and I'll spend a long time telling them how they might change it for the better from an HR point of view. They generally give a brief thanks, change nothing and wonder why they're not getting hired.

GoblinLittleOwl Fri 21-Mar-14 16:56:23

This seems to me rather like Mumsnet; people post about something they have done and seek opinions/advice, when all they want really is approval for their actions.

RedBlanket Fri 21-Mar-14 16:56:57

I saw this on a Facebook page for a local business.
There was a whole rant from the owner how upset she was she'd got a negative feedback form about an event she'd run (paid for crafty type thing).
Why bother giving out the feedback forms if you don't want people to fill them in? There were loads of comments along the lines of 'just ignore, you're brilliant' which sort of missed the whole point.

K8Middleton Fri 21-Mar-14 18:43:36

Yes those are just the sort of thing I mean.

Time wasters and attention seekers the lot of 'em says she who started a WHOLE THREAD about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now