Talk

Advanced search

To be mighty cheesed off?

(6 Posts)
Joolsy Fri 21-Mar-14 10:27:24

DD has gone on camp this week. As I was dropping her off at school on Mon at school she got a bit tearful as it's her first time doing anything like this. One of the teachers going on the camp gave her a hug. They've been updating their Twitter account since then with photographs but they are only of one group - none of DD's group therefore none showing DD. AIBU to be cheesed off that they're only showing this group? I would have thought the teacher that saw her upset might have at least made sure a photo of her or her group could have been shown. Just 1 photo of her looking happy would have put my mind at rest but as I can't get in contact with them while they're away there's not much I can do.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Fri 21-Mar-14 10:41:23

Did you have to sign a consent form for them to put the pictures online?
We've just had one because DS is in a group thing next week, and apparently if even one parent disagrees and refuses consent, none of the pictures can be posted.
Maybe one of the parents from your DDs group refused their consent?

JammieCodger Fri 21-Mar-14 10:45:36

You can get in contact with them, they're on twitter!

This happened when my daughter went on residential as only one teacher was tweeting and they were always with the same group. Just tweet them and ask for a photo of her so you can be reassured she's having a great time.

Joolsy Fri 21-Mar-14 10:58:13

Yes I gave my consent & I don't think any of the parents would have objected as photos of pupils are frequently being tweeted. I'm assuming it's as JammieCodger says, one teacher is tweeting & always with the same group. I've tweeted asking for a photo of the other group as it doesn't seem fair to me.

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Fri 21-Mar-14 13:00:15

Just ask for a photo of your dd. You may find one parent hasn't agreed to their dc being in published photos and it is very, very hard to engineer scenarios without making it obvious to that dc and the others bitter experience of guiding leader

PurplePidjin Fri 21-Mar-14 13:04:18

.TF is a teacher doing posting photos on social media?! shock angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now