Talk

Advanced search

To throw away my bedding and possibly never sleep in my bed again.

(101 Posts)
RafaellaNhaKyria Fri 21-Mar-14 01:39:05

I just went into my bedroom, all sleepy and comfortable and ready to crawl in and snuggle down to watch netflix.

Only to find a two-inch scorpion had beat me to it and was sprawled on my pillow as if he owned it. I panicked and flushed him down the toilet after a harrowing walk to the bathroom turning the pillow up and down as he ran all over it. I had no idea scorpions could move that fast. I now wish I had taken a picture of the beast but as I said, panic.

I'm afraid to go to bed. Where there is one, there must be more, right? What if it was a mommy scorpion?!!

Fucking hell.

trappedinsuburbia Fri 21-Mar-14 01:41:44

A fucking scorpion, where do you live?!
YANBU

RafaellaNhaKyria Fri 21-Mar-14 01:43:05

Texas. Clearly a pit of hell...that thing looked like something out of a movie.

Would I be unreasonable to sleep on the couch?

trappedinsuburbia Fri 21-Mar-14 01:44:55

Id be moving house.
I do have a creepy crawley phobia though.

AdoraBell Fri 21-Mar-14 01:45:18

I'd sleep on the sofá tonight and Get summat nasty To spray, or pay a proffessional To, Everywhere.

We had one but we're in Latín América and ours wasn't on my pillow.

RafaellaNhaKyria Fri 21-Mar-14 01:45:29

DD is very nonchalant about the whole thing and thinks I'm being ridiculous. I've. Mind to find one and put it on her pillow...we'd see how nonchalant she'd be if it was her bed.

I doubt she comes to get in my bed in the middle of the night tonight, though.

p.s. Would never really put a scorpion in my child's bed. I'm just hacked off she's laughing at my fright.

AdoraBell Fri 21-Mar-14 01:48:09

grin

Nocomet Fri 21-Mar-14 01:51:55

DD2 was cross enough at being stung by a queen wasp lurking in her bed, in February.

Scorpions she could not cope with.

CoolaSchmoola Fri 21-Mar-14 01:52:19

I'd be swapping beds with the nonchalant child... Bet she wouldn't find that as funny!

RafaellaNhaKyria Fri 21-Mar-14 01:54:06

Coola that is a very, very good idea.

SecretWitch Fri 21-Mar-14 01:54:48

I put my foot in my slipper that a scorpion was napping in..neither of us were best pleased. He gave me one hell of a sting, my husband sent him to a watery grave. This was in South Florida, another sweltering layer of Hell. My heart goes out to you Op, I spent the rest of my time in hell shaking out my bed clothes, shoes, clothes, underwear to send any nasties flying..

PatrickStarisabadbellend Fri 21-Mar-14 01:56:34

You need to burn your house down. Then run.

RafaellaNhaKyria Fri 21-Mar-14 01:56:49

Yes, I had forgotten about checking the bedclothes for them. It's been quite a while since I've seen one sad

RafaellaNhaKyria Fri 21-Mar-14 01:57:15

Patrick grin

HerRoyalNotness Fri 21-Mar-14 02:01:33

Are you country Texas or City Texas? <wibble> the pest guy is coming tomorrow, I shall have to mention specifically to ensure he has the poison for the scorpions

RafaellaNhaKyria Fri 21-Mar-14 02:04:39

Country Texas, Notness. Are you in Texas too?

RafaellaNhaKyria Fri 21-Mar-14 02:07:40

I have a suspicion that this truly is unreasonable, but I'm a little scared to use the toilet. I have a fear that it will
Crawl back up the pipe. I know how stupid that sounds btw.

Cuxibamba Fri 21-Mar-14 02:10:41

We have had a few scorpions, but none, thank God, in the bed. Found a sneaky one in the bathroom a few times, and have learnt to check my shoes after finding one in my slippers. sad

kickassangel Fri 21-Mar-14 02:11:53

Sounds totally reasonable. Use a different toilet. Put the kid down on yours an put a brick on top. In face, seal it over with cling film first.

Suddenly freezing my bits off in Michigan seems a whole load better.

RafaellaNhaKyria Fri 21-Mar-14 02:19:50

We only have one bathroom and the situation became desperate. If the scorpion wasn't dead already, I can't imagine it lived through that.

I had Mexican food at lunch.

HerRoyalNotness Fri 21-Mar-14 02:43:37

Yes in H Town, relieved you're country, hopefully we don't get them here

HerRoyalNotness Fri 21-Mar-14 02:45:26

arf @scorpion succumbing to digested Mexican

sesw Fri 21-Mar-14 02:46:07

I would die a death due to fear and have to leave the country. You were AMAZINGLY brave to carry the pillow to the loo with it running around. I possibly would have fainted at that point.

wobblyweebles Fri 21-Mar-14 03:18:00

Scorpions! Agh!

Burn the house down and move north.

Oneaddoneisthree Fri 21-Mar-14 03:19:47

Ahhhh.....not nice to find one in your bed but no harm done, these creatures become part of life in certain climates.

We have a cobra living in our garden!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now